Last weekend, Aaron and I left on my birthday to go to Vegas.....just the two of us. What were we celebrating? Lots of things....my birthday, Aaron's birthday, our marriage, Carter turning two, an early Valentine's Day ...you get the gest...just celebrating!
When Aaron and I were dating in college, we went to Vegas over spring break with our friends (Looking back, I can't believe my mom was okay with it.....maybe she wasn't and just kept quiet????) and had a blast! See my scrapbook page of the occassion......
We thought it would be fun to go back and relive our youth..heehee. Vegas is a strange town and I don't remember it being so...yucky!!! I can't say who has changed....Veags and a steady downfall of morals or a nieve and carefree 20 yr. old girl turned wife and mother plus 13 years? Hmmmm.....probably the latter....either way, Aaron and I had a blast laughing at and enjoying Vegas for what it is....
a strange town :)
The main event we were going to see was The Broadway Production of "The Lion King". It was unbelievable. It never ceases to amaze me the voices that come out of people in Broadway shows...God given talents. The sets and costuming were gorgeous. I loved it!
Then, we mostly just wandered around and took it all in....well, not all of it :)!@#!
A crazy guy asked if we would like him to take our picture...he was older and I knew Aaron could take him down if he started to run with my camera...He did take a good picture....then asked for a dollar :)
He then had us turn the other way...I think this picture is funny because you can see what we were thinking all over our faces "Okay, crazy dude, give us back our camera and you're not getting another dollar"....HA!
( I thought of my Carter when I saw this.....)
We decided there is your "day crowd" and "night crowd"...we are definately part of the "day crowd". Sunday night, it was obvious the weekend was over and the majority of the "night crowd" had made their way back to wherever they had come....so much nicer for us "day crowd" people :) We hit the strip our last
night in Vegas.
and the winner is......
Mango/Chocolate gellato AND Key Lime Tart....DEEEEE-LISH!
I just have to mention.....I finally had THE Tomato Soup people!!!! A friend of a friend of a friends' nephews' brother who worked at the Excaliber gave this tomato soup receipe to my friend who gave it to me and it is THE best tomato soup you will ever eat! ...just thought I'd mention that :)
I was glad to return to these three and when they ask me,
"What did you do in Vegas, Mom?" I reply.......
"What happens in Vegas.... stays in Vegas, kids"..They don't get it :)
So, another fun trip to Vegas....it confirmed that sleeping in, taking LOOOOOG hot showers, having others prepare your meals, and having Aaron all to myself are NOT over-rated. Aaron and I still make each other laugh and I love him like crazy. We were talking....if we go to Vegas every 13 years, the next time we go...Alec will hopefully be back from a mission, Emily will hopefully be in college and little Carter won't be so little anymore....let's plan on it, okay :)























5 comments:
What a great time together. I love this post.
Elvis singing "Viva Las Vegas" lasted exactly as long as it took me to read and look and certainly set the mood.
Happy Birthdays, anniversary and whatever else you may have been celebrating.
13yr already....really?
Happy whatever you were celebrating. We saw the broadway Lion King up here and it was amazing. The costumes in particular were incredible! Worth the trip just for that I'd say. You need to remind Aaron that you are just a tad shorter than him when he is taking both your pix. Sounds like it was a nice trip away for you both.
You gotta love Vegas. I have a ton of family that live there, so we go way to often. Personal, favorite M&M World!
One question, did the crazy guy follow you around taking you picture?
I loved M&M World, too. I took a picture with a giant, red M&M but one can only post so many pitures :)
No...crazy dude did not follow us around...only took the two pictures I posted :) Although, I have no doubt he might of had I not snatched the camera out of his hand and told him..."Thank, You..Good-bye"...Welcome to Vegas:)
I have a GREAT Vegas story! I'll have to make a post about it sometime soon before I forget all the details... Oh wait. Too late! (jk)
Your pictures reminded me of our trip. It wasn't someplace I really was interested in going to, but we had a blast! Looks like y'all had a pretty good time- sans kiddos.
Good for you! Who knows what Vegas will be like in another 13 years. maybe you should go in half that time. Kind of like that half life science thing? So, 6(1/1) years, 3 years, 1 1/2 years, 9 months... never was very good at science (or math).
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment