Happy St. Patty's Day!!!
I don't know why I love St. Patrick's Day so much.......but I do :)
Another excuse to throw a party I guess.....lol!
The big weekend started Friday night when Alec and Emily participated
in what is called "Friday Night Races". They both took home an "overall" medal which in the little world of our swimming is a big deal....I was so happy for them. They are judged on their technique not necessarily who hits the wall first. So...it's how good you look and not how fast you get across the pool. I know I'm their mom BUT... they are beautiful swimmers!!!
I could sit and watch them go across that pool all night...lol!
Alec took overall in backstroke.
Emily took overall in Butterfly...crazy girl loves that stroke!
I love this picture.
Every once in a while you just take a picture that captures a good moment...you know.
These two have been swimming together for a looooooong time....lol!
(I hope Alec will always put his arm around his little sister...sniff, sniff.)
Don't forget about Carter! He was there....he is ALWAYS there...getting dragged around to all kinds of stuff. He is such a good little guy...bless his heart. He sat and played this game for a very long time. He'll be starting swimming lessons pretty soon,
so he won't be sitting around for too much longer.
Hang in there, Carter :)
Then, Saturday we woke up to St. Patrick's Day!!!
It fell on Saturday this year and we had the best day!!!!
We started out with our "Green Pancake Breakfast" and a visit from our Leprechaun.
They like me to do their names after I do the shamrocks......
Then the boys were off to see the Monster Trucks.
(Emily didn't want to go...we gave her the option and she said "NO"...
just in case you think we're gender specific around here....heehee. I don't care to go either)
This was Carter's first time going and I think from the look on his face we can conclude....
HE LOVED IT!
Little boy heaven, right???
Aaron bought him a toy monster truck and that's all he has done since he got home.
He'll line up his little hotwheel cars and have the monster truck drive over them.
Good job, Dad....they'll always remember good times at the Monster Trucks!
While they were gone, Emily and I ran some errands together. I realized while we were out it has been a while since I've been grocery shopping with Emily....lol!
It was delightful!!!!
(So opposite of shopping with Carter...lol!)
She helped me organize my list and coupons before we went. She walked very calmly along side the shopping cart....lol. While shopping, she would read and mark off the itmes on our list. She would put items in the cart...that she would take turns pushing, by the way. She put all the groceries on the belt.
I felt like I was being pampered while shopping....lol!
All I had to do was come along and pay the bill.
It was awesome!
So..as I was coming out of the store on my little cloud #9....I saw it.
The little sandwich shop where Emily and I would go quite often for lunch when she was my little buddy at home. I had flashbacks of my curly haired little girl sitting across from me eating her sandwich and ....talking, talking, and talking.
I couldn't resist....we went and had lunch at our favorite "deli".
"Can we split a brownie, too"....Emily asked with that look in her eye.
Aaaahhh....she remembered! We would usually split a brownie.
Of course we can!!!!!
We picked up some "Irish Soda Bread" while we were there to enjoy after dinner.
The daffodils were something else I couldn't resist ;)
We went home through Bown Crossing and I thought I'd died and gone to Ireland....lol!
There was GREEN everywhere and the "Steakhouse and Bar" were over flowing with people.
There were Irish dancers and people playing the bag pipes.
We pulled over and enjoyed it for a little bit...the dancing and bag pipes, anyway ;)
(I wished I'd taken my camera so I could have taken pictures to show ya'll....lol!)
We ended the day with a nice Irish dinner and watched what is becoming a tradition....












![Darby O'Gill & The Little People [VHS]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X1K8055DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)

4 comments:
Awesome weekend is right! You do st. patty's right! I remember when I came for spring break to your house and it was st patty's day and you even did my name then! love ya!
Love it. What a fun St. Patrick's day!
I'm just really impressed with your abilities with the pancake batter...that's all I'm saying. Is there a class for that?
What a fun day! Tucker went to a truck rally in the kingdome when he was about 2 and they stayed until almost midnight. I had visions of him falling from the upper deck. Of course he didn't but they did come home reeking of exhaust! You DO go whole hog on the Irish! How fun!!
Ok it is official. YOU are holiday OCD... in a good way.
It is beyond me how you can continue to have the energy to do all this, and I'm very impressed. What great memories for your whole family.
I'm with Des the pancake quality is exceptional.
Also think it is great that the swim kids are rewarded for technique not just speed. That is fabulous.
A girls day of bonding outside of the truck rally seems perfect, and super sweet Em remembered the brownies.
Nice touch with the Danny Boy soundtrack BTW.
You are a girl after my heart, I'm always telling my students it's in the details.
Post a Comment