I should be headed down the road to Utah for spring break. I became ill last night and am not up to the 6 hr. drive today. So.....we'll go tomorrow :)
Peggy had some work done on her feet and is laid up for a little while. So....I thought it might be nice to give her some reading material..... blog about some things that otherwise would not have made
"The Blog"...you know....those ordinary day things that I love!
Here we go:
Story #1
Back in Febrary, Alec was asked to participate in the Lincoln Day Program for the
House of Representatives. We know a lady ;)
He played the part of "Willy Lincoln"...one of Abraham Lincoln's children.
I guess he had three sons.
They wouldn't allow flash photography on the House floor...so I didn't get any pictures while they were doing the program so these were taken while they were waiting to go inside. Some of the other moms took some pictures and I haven't gotten a hold of them yet. I'll have to put them on when I do.
It was a neat experience.
When they show "The House" on the news, Alec will always comment on how
he has been in that room!
A week or two later, Representative Bateman sent Alec a "Thank You" for participating along with some words of advice. He also gave Alec a Buffalo nickel.
A little while after that, Alec found this page in the newspaper and discovered his Buffalo Nickel could be worth up to $1,800....lol!
"Maybe that's how I can pay for my mission and college", Alec said.
You'll have to participate in a few more programs for that plan to work, Alec......lol!
Story #2
Aaron asked me "Why are you taking a picture of this???"
"Because.....YOU ARE AWESOME!"
Our garage door opener stopped working and I pretty much figured we'd have to buy a new one.
The next day, as I was headed out the door, Aaron pulled up. He had come home to work on it over his lunch break. He called the company and did some trouble shooting with them over the phone.
They discovered what it was and they would send the part....we would only have to pay the shipping.
So...what I thought was going to cost us 100s ended up costing us only $7.50.
Aaron is sooooo awesome that way....he always finds a way to fix things.
Story #3
We won the grand prize at Bingo Night!
Every year the school has a Bingo Night to raise money for the school.
We rarely win anything......BUT not this year!
WE WON THE BLACK Wii!
It was very exciting and I have to say I felt like the coolest mom.... EVER!
After I was up claiming my prize, another guy came up saying he had Bingo, too!
So....we had to choose a number...I let him go first ;)
He chose 30.....I chose 31.
I won!
Stories #4, #5, #6
Here is Alec playing his trumpet at the district music festival.
He is being critiqued. They told him to pretend he has two tennis balls under his armpits.
Later that week, I found Alec practicing his trumpet with tennis balls under his armpits.
Why pretend when you can just do it!
Shhhhhh....this story is a secret.
Alec would be so embarassed if he knew I shared, but it was too funny to not document.
Another Alec one....the scouts went swimming. At the pool, based on your skill level they give you a colored ribbon. Green means your good to go all over the pool. Alec and a friend bet each other who could wear their ribbon the longest.....we're gong on six weeks...lol!
They both still have it on....Alec's is getting pretty thin, though....BOYS!
Alec was invited to the "Annual Boise School District Writer's Workshop".
Every Elementary School can send 3 students and Alec got to go!
He met author Ben Mikaelsen.
His favorite book by him is "Touching Spirit Bear"...that is the book he had him autograph.
So neat to meet the real person...and someone you admire, too!
Story #7
Why did I take a picture of this!
So I could tell this story, of course!
Carter likes to use the plastic wrap to cover up his left over food.
I finally caught on when I was discovering all kinds of stuff in the fridge covered in plastic wrap.
He would leave a little food on purpose....so he could get into the plastic wrap.
And let me tell you....he does not skimp on the plastic wrap...he does a very thorough job!
Kids are so funny and can go through the strangest phases...lol!
Story #8
Aaron and I celebrated our 14th anniversary!
I received my favorite phone call from Aaron:
"Hello"
"Hello"
"Would you like to go out for lunch today"
"Are you asking me out on a date"
"I guess I am"
"I guess I am"
I love to go out to lunch with Aaron!
We went to "Boise Fry Company" where their motto is....
"Would you like a burger with your fries!
They have all kinds of fries...the sweet potato are my favorite!
It was soooooo delicious.
He also brought these beautiful flowers when he came to pick me (us....Carter came, too) up!
He's never forgotten our anniversary.
Story #9....it's not really a story
I love "kid art"....BUT there is no way I can possibly keep every thing they ever do!
So....I saw an idea where you just take a picture of it and then you can have it forever.
I loved that idea and have been snapping pictures of Carter's pictures ever since!
Story #10
The Norovirus hit the kids' school and they both eventually got it.
(I think that's what I had last night...grrrr!)
Anyway.....
I know...so mean to take a pictue of Emily when she is sick on the couch BUT
we had such a nice day together that day.
I've noticed when Emily is sick she always pulls out the same movies to watch:



and one more....

I don't know if it takes her back to the comfort of her childhood or what....lol!
She also has to have me close by...so...I get to watch them, too.
I love it! I feel bad for her because she is sick but I also enjoy the time she lets me take care of her and she needs her mommy!
Story #11
A friend recently asked me what toy I would recomment buying for kids...
THE one toy I don't regret buying and spending money....
BRICK BLOCKS...they are worth every penny!!!!!
I swear they are always out and my kids use them for everything!
See....Carter has built a monster truck arena inspired by his recent trip to the Monster Trucks complete with spectators and the tractor to pull them up after they tip over.
See.....we've had them forever!
The kids walk all over them....sit on them...do all kinds of things with them.
Alec made a boat.....
Towers......
Just a really great toy for kids and developing their imaginations...makes them think....my favorite kind of toy....no batteries involved....lol!
I could share 100 more pictures of my kids with them....but I won't :)
Story #12
I doodle...you know...draw little things while I talk on the phone or whatever.
Emily will find them, rip them off of the paper and use them for bookmarks...lol!
When I asked her about it she said
"I love your doodles"
"Ahhh...Emmy, I love your doodles, too"
And with that....I think I'm done...time for a nap ;)

























6 comments:
These are some of my favorite posts! Just the day to day things! I miss you all! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
I just love reading about you and your family! Your everyday posts are so awesome! Sorry you feel yucky. Good thing Utah will still be here tomorrow! :)
You do the best posts. I love the updates. Your kids are amazing, but with parents like you how could they not be.
Alec sounds like he may be a genius, I don't know. Coarse anyone is a genius next to my kids. Just kidding!
Oh Amy Jo that was fun! I love reading all the "stories" large and small. Aaron IS pretty cool...not only can he fix stuff- he remembers your anniversary and still asks you out :0)
Great idea about taking pictures of them with their art. And I agree that any toy that lets kids use their imagination is the best.
Thanks for taking the time to share all that. I enjoyed it and I KNOW Celiac will too!
What a great post! I loved each of the 12 stories. I think Celiac would love Aarons garage door expertise. I don't know if she ever REALLY solved the mystery of why her garage door opened for someone else in the neighborhood. It's sweet he remembers your anniversary and you go out on dates! Always fun to hear what's up with the kids. The are sweet, sweet kids and you are an awesome mom!
I can't believe that this is an "everyday" post. This is pretty cool "every day" stuff.
Loved it!
First Miste is right.. I am SO in need of a garage door genie. It is a super long story (and not blog worthy) but lets just say it has cost me $50, loads of gas driving and my garage door still mysteriously opens every so often.
All of the stories are great, but picturing Alec practicing trumpet with the tennis balls in his armpits it priceless! Truly priceless.
Thank you for sharing it all!
Post a Comment