Okay...this is the last stretch of catching up 2012....I can do it....LOL!
After Halloween...we were in the last stretch of getting baby Olivia here! I kept telling myself over and over as I got bigger and bigger...You're almost done..lol!
I'll be honest, I was skeptical about Thanksgiving. I could just picture myself laying on the couch, miserable and unable to move. BUT...it was such a nice Thanksgiving!!!!
We started the day off with a nice walk down to the river...well, everyone else did..ha!
Alec hanging out in his favorite tree....
Gordon got some cute shots......
The light in these pictures makes Emily's eyes so pretty.....
Emily is being Miss Model.....
They even saw a deer...
When they got back, we ate a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
Gordon and Peggy brought pies, salad and her roaster oven to cook the turkey....it was awesome!
After we had let the food settle, we went to the Festival of Trees. Here are pictures of the kids with their favorite tree.
Alec's was the Star Wars tree.
Emily liked a tree made out of books.
Carter chose the Marvel Super Hero tree....I liked it, too!
Santa was there!
So..I thought it would be a good opportunity (probably the one and only) to let Carter see him and tell him what he wanted for Christmas. When I asked Emily if she wanted to sit on Santa's lap...it was a definate NO...( Dang it! She's gone and grown up on me!). Well....Santa wanted to know why she wasn't going to sit on his lap. He brought over an ipad and had her put her finger on it. After scanning her finger, Santa discovered Emily was on the naughty list..YIKES! It was so funny!
Carter reminded her of that throughout the rest of the Christmas season
"You're on Santa's naughty list....good luck!"
Carter wasn't on the naughty list and just knew he was going to get a garbage truck and a remote control car!
November left us and we were into December. I had been looking foward to December for 10 months!!!!! I couldn't believe I had made it to December 1....HOORAH! I spent the next couple of weeks walking around and around the block, trying to lift very heavy things by going to Costco every other day (had some serious nesting going on!) basically doing everything I could do to get this baby here!!!!
Thankfully, she didn't make me wait too much into December....
After a few days of some mild labor pains, I woke up and thought maybe I was in labor...for real.
Aaron took the kids to the bus stop and when he came back I told him to stick around...just in case.
I always have kind of gone into denial when I go into labor....LOL!
"Nah...this isn't the real thing."
I had put some butter out the night before to make some sugar cookies to get in the freezer so we would have them for Christmas. After watching me grimace on the couch, Aaron very nicely suggested we should probably head to the hospital and do you know what I told him !?!
"No....I was going to make cookies today...so I think I'll just go start my cookies...I don't think I want to go do that today."
Then I went into the kitchen and started making sugar cookies!!!
CRAZY LADY..you are in labor!!!
But then I had a couple really serious contractions and decided I better get to the hospital before they wouldn't give me any drugs....LOL!
So...we left our house at 9:30 and I was holding my brand new baby girl at 12:37.
December 6, 2012
Miss Olivia Grace Vaden
7 lbs. 5 oz.
21 inches long
She came with some some chubs and lots of dark hair.
All my babies......
With baby here, life kept moving on..lol!
Carter started drawing pictures.....
Alec had a band concert.
He switched from trumpet to percussion. He was the drummer in "The little Drummer Boy" and they even featured him on the piano in one of the songs...kinda cool.
He's behind the piano...wasn't sitting in the right place for a good picture...dang it!
Mom and Dad came for Christmas and we did a couple fun things before the big day.
Emily and I took Grandma to The Nutcracker. It was a surprise because I didn't even get tickets until days before..wasn't sure we would make it this year...but we did!
Grandma made Gingerbread Men cookies with the kids.....
Christmas 2012
Miss Olivia kept growing and getting bigger....
Alec turned 12 years old!!!!!
This kid LOVES popcorn! So a popcprn cake it was!
He eats popcorn practically every day for after school snack.
So we thought we'd give him some more variety ;)
A funny card from grandpa and grandma....
We blessed Olivia at home. It was so nice.
And that brings us to New Years Eve.....
Carter raided the New Years box and was ready to party.
Aaron and I fell asleep before the ball dropped...a brand new baby will do that to ya...
I guess the kids had quite the party without us ;)
GOOD- BYE 2012!!!!!!












6 comments:
Hurrah! You got the whole year caught up.
No small feat that.
So many things to comment on.
Charming Santa and his naughty meter made me smile.
Alec's popcorn cake was super cool.
Loved Carters snowman drawing.
DID you get the sugar cookies made on the day Olivia was born? That really gave me a chuckle.
Stubborn streak anyone?
(:
The year certainly ended with some wonderful things.
Thanks for sharing!
ps.... Am I always playing Draw something with Emily? Always curious.
(:
Celiac- nope...did not get sugar cookies made that day....lol! Sometimes Emily asks for my help but its usually her....she loves playing with you....we're always excited to see what you are going to draw
Aww, the walks to the river. Seems like forever since I have done that with you guys.
I will always love the naughty meter story.
Miss olivia looks beautiful on her blessing day!
You guys always have such a great holiday season!
Love you guys!
Nice to see the banner year finished off with a bang. Funny santa claus story--the naughty list. I bet Carter did love that. Can't believe Alec is 12! A Deacon now too. That's a banner year for sure. The kids are so adorable and growing up fast. Olivia is a fun addition.
Wow you really just pounded that out! A lot happened.
I love hearing the story of Miss. O's birth, that cracks me up.
What a great end of the year.
Wow! You did what I always think I'll do, but never do. Which is catch up with the backlog of events. Only you did it WAY better than I would have. There was a lot of action and events. You children are growing so fast! miss Em IS indeed getting to be quite the young lady, naughty or nice. Carter is a great little artist and I loved finding out that Alex. Is a popcorn fan ( the cake was very clever).
miss Olivia is such a cutie and its apparent her siblings think she's grand.
You had Quite a year! That'll be a hard one to follow. I hope to get to meet the new addition and see you all soon.
Thanks for the update. (Much more interesting than my turkey counts ;0)
Post a Comment