Hello.
How about a new post?
It is starting to feel like summer around here! Especially, considering there are only 3 more days left of school and then they are ALL mine! My brain hurts. I am tired...May has been busy! I am ready for some lazy dayz of summer.....Ha! I try to picture myself relaxing with a book, sipping on some lemonade...but usually my summer days don't include sitting down with a book and lemonade so why would it start now !?! Oh, well......
I have been going on bike rides and it feels sooooo good! They opened a new park just down from us a couple years ago and this Spring has been my first chance to enjoy it, considering I was pregnant and then had a new born baby...BUT, Livvy is ready now! She loves it!
Under Park Center Bridge...I thought it looked cool....
The river hasn't been very high this year. Sometimes it will bo up on that sand bar but it hasn't ever made it there this Spring.
Here is the picture to prove I went to Lady Antebellum!!!!!!!!
Years ago, Josh Groban came to Boise and the whole time the concert was going on, I couldn't believe I was sitting at home when he was, literally, 15 mintures from my house...TORTURE...lol!
So...when Lady Antebellum announced they would be coming to Boise, I KNEW I wouldn't be doing that again....no way! They are my band! Can you imagine the torment knowing they were that close and I wasn't there !?! Besides, Charles and I have been working on these songs for a while now, we needed to finally sing them together...LIVE ;) See in the picture how he is looking right at me....he is thinking "Thank you, Amy Jo, for coming here tonight and harmonizing with me just like Hilary".
SO FUN! TIME OF MY LIFE!
Alright....enough about me.
Olivia is now officially in Nursery...OH HAPPY DAY!
She is soooo ready! She is done walking the halls (so is her mom!)
She just walks right in and doesn't even turn around....
This is a picture of her with her first Nursery Project :)
The Happy/ Sad Face Paper Plate....she was so proud to show it to everyone.
This baby girl is so adorable that it is ridiculous!
She is starting to talk (mostly like a dolphin) and she sings!
More of her personality comes out every day.
How should I put this nicely....
She is...self-motivated....determined....and very independent.
She wears me out!
She reminds me of Fancy Nancy....
Have you read these books? You should. It is my Livvy to a T.
Sometimes the clothes she ends up wearing just reminds me of Fancy Nancy :)
"It's a Fancy Nancy Day"
She decided after we got back from spring break that it was time to start feeding herself. I know, it probably was time but I DREAD this stage. It is soooo messy! But it has to be done.
So.....Hooray for wiping up my counter, floors, chairs and child several times a day!
I try to fix her hair, most days......
By the end of the day, it usually looks like this....
We think she looks like a "Who" from Dr. Suess...
"Livvy Lou Who"
She likes to hide.
This is her favorite spot. Those two little feet poking out make me happy!
Where's Olivia?
There she is!
However, this week she came up missing. Where did I find her?
Hiding under Carter's balnket....on the top bunk!
Oh, my! She is spunky! (Again...I said it nicely)
She also likes to pretend to talk on the phone right now. The other day she handed it to Alec and he answered it like it was so normal to pretend to be talking on this phone....I had to laugh! I don't care who you are....if a toddler hands you a phone...you answer it!
She is adored by everyone.
Everyone smiles when she makes her grand enterance down from a nap "Helloooooooo".
She brings happiness and love to us all!
Lets update Alec next :)
I don't have very many pictures of him :(
He is growing, growing, growing.
He is busy with his piano and scouts. He is the patrol leader and does a good job at following through on those responsibilities. He made one of the VEX Robotic teams for next school year...he's super excited about it. He is also deacons quorum president (there's only 3 of them ;) and takes that job in stride, as well.
He just finished what will be his last official "swim lesson" of his life this past week. He is a beautiful swimmer (he doesn't like me to say that...he prefers to be called "an awesome swimmer")...he truly is! Knowing it was the last day of swim class for the year, one of the other moms came up to me and said "I have to tell you....I have been watching you and your boys this year and there is just something about you guys....you have good boys...they speak nicely to you...your oldest son has held the door open for me and my girls every time the opportunity has presented itself. Thank you for raising decent men." WOW...that caught me off guard! My first thought after she told me that was "He better have"...and then my next thought was of my sweet Alec and how much I love him :)
Here's a funny story about Alec....
We were cleaning up the family room and I asked him to fold up the afghans.
He said "Mom, this has been bugging me for a while, but when you say that...you sound racist"
WHAT???
"It sounds racist....you know...people from Afghanistan"
LOL! That's all I could do....was laugh.
Here are some pictures of his most recent camp out.
They went to "Little City of Rocks".
He is almost done with his camping merit badge :)
Alright...enough for now...I hope to get to the other two kiddos tomorrow.


3 comments:
She is growing up fast! So cute!! Summers are fun when they are little so enjoy, enjoy! They grow up so fast.
Cute, Cute, Cute. You crack me up. You do have such good kids. I love the up date!
Ok, so I'm late to the party, but I haven't had regular internet access.
LOve love the post! Miss Olivia is a priceless one indeed. The shot with the yogurt on her eyelashes... perfection.
And that story about Alec holding the door for a lady who thanked you... so sweet!!
You are both great parents and it certainly shows in your kids.
Post a Comment