Alec on the other hand, hasn't seemed to flinch. He wanted a pair just like his Dads. When the lady who was helping us told him the pair he had on was called "Gun metal"..... that was it. That was the pair he had to have. When I asked him if he told anyone at school he was getting glasses he replied, "LOADS". Every day he would ask me if the Dr. office had called for us to come and pick up his glasses. The first day he wore them to school, he couldn't get out the door fast enough. At the end of the day when he jumped off the bus, he bounced down the road home...as usual. When I asked how his day went he replied, "good". Everything seemed fine. How could this be? I was ready to console, give hugs, make it all better.........
Alec is an awesome little boy! I have admired him through this whole SPECTACLE his mom was creating inside her own head. I've learned he is stronger than I thought or wanted him to be. He is who he is......he gets that from his dad. I love that about them. I'm counting on that to get him through this crazy life.....hope he can keep it. I also hope his mom can stop making a SPECTACLE out of something that hasn't even happened......GEE WHIZ....CHILL OUT MOM!

7 comments:
My, my, Alec, you look soooo smart! I know you're already smart though, so now you look like a genius!
Glasses are the coolest!
Alec, you look great with glasses. I love the pictures of you and your mom. Now we need some of you and dad.
those pictures are so cute!
Isn't it funny how we think as kids.
His traumas will lie elsewhere, but it is nice to know they aren't in his vision.
Oh....the eyeglasses. I have WAYYYY too many stories that tie in with "spectacles" in my past.Starting with having my eyes operated on when I was 3 and then sporting the lovely cat eye glasses (yes, think the Far Side ladies) I sported for Oh, 13 years!!! Every time we would go to get new glasses mom would insist that I looked "fine" in that frame style. When I was 18 and got to choose my own frame it was the time of John Lennon and the little round specs. I got an ENORMOUS pair of round glasses and thought they were SO cool. Yes, me - round head+ round glasses.Mom told me I'd regret it. Didn't at the time. I get her point now. Ahhhh...I must say that Alec looks very dashing! Reminds me a bit of Harry Potter = don't know why? Large lovely eyes? But, glad to hear he's doing well and mom is too!
so so handsome!
He sounds like he is a great kid all around. I can't even wear sunglasses, my sinuses and nose are so sensitive, so I am glad that he has done so well!
The pictures of the two of you together are priceless! He looks adorable in his new glasses. Funny how we put our own trauma on our kids sometimes. (I do it all the time) I don't think glasses are a trauma to kids these days. Nobody really makes fun like they used to. For some kid's it's such a world-changing event--like they can actually see now. Glad his experience was better!
Post a Comment