November 3, 2008

A Great Halloween

What a perfect Halloween we had this year! The day was dark and gloomy but NOT cold at all! We didn't even wear a jacket while trick-or-treating. I think I'll always remember driving on that gloomy morning and watching the leaves flying in the air behind me as we made our way to the school on Halloween morning. What better way to start your Halloween than at a kindergarten Halloween party.....watching all the little kids dressed up in their costumes walking into the school....I LOVE IT!


Carter and I helped with Emily's party and he had a great time interacting with the kids and watching all the craziness. Alec and Emily got out of school early and so we were able to spend all afternoon carving pumpkins, watching our favorite Halloween cartoons, and anticipating Halloween Night.

On the Halloween Dinner Menu this year: Mummmies, Werewolf Teeth, and Brain...YUUUUM!After Dinner, it was time to get on our costumes and go get LOTS of CANDY. This year we were......
Black Ninja


Pippi Longstockings


The Frog Prince

We carved our pumpkin in honor of Carter's first Halloween....we put two bottom teeth in our Jack-o-Lantern's grin....just like Carter ;)


It just doesn't get much better than this......having a great Halloween!

7 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Sweet!
Miss Pippi looks very authentic, but I must admit the many kissed Toad is my favorite.
You all look so cute! I always remember halloween as being totally freezing, so I'm glad you had a nice night!

The Ball Babies said...

That frog prince costume is the cutest! Those lips all over his cute little face are absolutely adorable. You are so creative!

How were the brains for dinner?

jo said...

Let me tell you about the brains....another one of my JELLO disasters! I believe I've mentioned in a past post how JELLO and I do not get along. A neighbor borrowed me a brain mold to use and I thought "Okay...this time I'm gonna do it"...It didn't set up...as always. So I just kind of piled it all up and called it brains still....it all tastes the same, right? Ask me to make a chocolate cake from sratch, Ask me to make cream puffs...But don't ask me to make JELLO!!!!

wallymom said...

You all look so great. I can't choose a favorite, but I love
Emily's hair, the lips on that cute baby, and ninjas have a special place in my heart. I loved the warm night also. NO COATS. We usually have a dinner like yours, but this year it was just pizza. I have never tried jello brains before.

Erica said...

cute cute cute. did you make the frog costume?

jo said...

Yes...I made the frog costume for Alec when he was a baby. I didn't get to do the lips and the whole frog prince thing though.....I had my appendix removed the day before Halloween and barely made it home to spend Alec's first Halloween. SO...I knew exactly what Carter was going to be for his first Halloween. I finally got to do The Frog Prince :)

crazy lady said...

What a fantastic year for costuming!!! Pippi was one of my favorite books in gradeschool and she looks perfect. The frog and princess thing is adorable. And how wonderful to have a Ninja along in case there were a rumble!