May 29, 2009

Memories of Memorial Day Weekend.....

I wanted to pack up and leave Boise behind for Memorial Day weekend BUT contrary to what some may believe.....I did not get my way! AND, in the end, it's probably a good thing because Aaron and I both had some responsibilities on Sunday (I still think Primary and YM would have survived without us)! Boise does provide a lot of options so it wasn't too hard to find something to do. Here is how we spent our Memorial Day weekend.....when I wasn't climbing the walls :)

We have the nicest backyard neighbors. All their children are married or on a mission. Their grandchildren live in Japan and Italy. They have really gotten to know my children and are always talking, playing, giving candy...they spoil my children. They are always up to something. On Sunday, the day before Memorial Day, she hosted her Sister's 60th birthday with the theme of "English Tea Party". She asked if I would come and take pictures of them..so I did. What a hoot! I don't have the pictures to show but they were all decked out. Before I left, she asked if Emily wouldn't like to come over in the morning and have a tea party breakfast. I, of course, knew this would be right up her ally and so Emily and I started our Memorial Day off with a tea party breakfast complete with rhinstones and a waiter with an English accent named Hamilton (That would be her husband...I think I've mentioned before that Emily talks his ear off...I'll will do a whole post about him and my kids, later).
Emily put on her favorite pink dress, grabbed her tea set and was off for the time of her life.

Thank you to Irene who treats my children like family. Thanks for the memory!

Later in the day, we went and grabbed some KFC (the new grilled kind, I don't reccomend it) and headed to a park. The MK Nature Center is off the park we went to and so we decided to walk through it. Well...Alec almost stepped right on this guy while he was climbing on the rocks. Carter's new animal sound he likes to make is that of a snake...SSSSSSSSSSS! Carter happened to be making that sound when this happened so Alec is convinced Carter has the same power as Harry Potter....parceltongue...which is the power to speak the language of snakes...oooooooo! We dared Emily to take a picture with it.....and she did it!!! I still can't believe she called our bluff !!!

After we were done exploring at the nature center, we headed to get ice cream from our favorite spot...Fanci Freez..Ummmm...so was everyone else in Boise. We waited in the drive-thru for a VERY LONG TIME...but it was worth it. We got Carter his own and bless his heart...most of it made it into his mouth...the boy knows how to eat! That's a great memory.Although we didn't leave town to find a new scene for our Holiday weekend, some pretty great memories managed to find us.

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Wow, you have done some monumental updating!! Love it.

Emmy's teaparty sounds like the ultimate for a cultured little girls.
Thanks for sharing all your news. I really love hearing and seeing everyone.
HOw brave for you to be the ART mom!
Go Amy!

wallymom said...

I think it sounds like a fun weekend. What great neighbors and that looked like a fabulous tea party.

crazy lady said...

What a cool neighbor! Emily looks smashing in her tea party outfit. Love the parsel tongue boy and snake story and even more the great ice cream eating picture. Yum! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend in spite of being stuck in town.