August 31, 2009

More High Adventure Pictures

As promised, here are the pictures from Friday, with very brief descriptions.


The view of Thurs. nights camp site just before starting the hike out.













A small lake/large pond just after the start of the hike. I took a picture of it because I thought the color of the water was neat. I didn't notice an outlet, so I suspect the nice emerald color is from some sort of algae growth.














A small waterfall just above 'Emerald Lake'. It seemed so odd to have such a green area with snow cover on it, especially since it was August 7th and 4 days prior in Boise the temps topped 100 degrees.














The view looking back at the campsite and 'Emerald Lake' from the days only big summit. Basically the same shot, but I can't decide which I like better so I posted both. That's Castle peak shrouded in clouds.

1 comment:

wallymom said...

That looks like winter. No way I would want to camp and hike in that. You are awesome.