"Hello, Jo", she says as usual.
"Hello, how are you", I reply as usual.
"I'm doing okay...what's little Carter up to?"
"He just hit me in the head with a ball and ran out of the room. I don't know what he's doing now."
"That little stinker...he's so sweet."
"If you say so." "I'm trying to get started on those matching coats for Emily and her doll but I think I may just not even do it."
"Amy, are you listening to me?"
My mom usually begins her advice with that statement.
"Yes, I'm listening", I answer.
"I want you to start working on the coat Emily wants you to make for her and her doll and I want you to work on it until you're done."
"Mom...my house will explode with clutter and crumbs. I may not come out alive!" I tease. "It's too big of a project for me right now."
"Amy... you're not listening to me....Emily is not going to be a little girl forever and you need to sew those coats for her and her doll." "Don't think about your house and everything else you need to do...it'll be there tomorrow and the next day...RELAX and ENJOY sewing something for your little girl".
"Okay, Mom."
So I did.
I knew what I needed to do, but sometimes I guess I still need to be reminded. I never go wrong listening to my mom's advice...especially the advice she gave me the day I came home from pre-school in tears after having been tormented by Doss Ash....
"Hit'em back...harder than he hit you".
I love my mom.





6 comments:
Wow! The coat and "mini" coat look fabulous! Emily looks pretty pleased with the results too. And Carter looks like you've been feeding him magic growing beans cause I swear he's stretched out several inches since you last posted.
Your mom is right(that's a mom's job, right?). She won't be a little girl very long and there will ALWAYS be something to do in the house - but not always little ones in the house with you.
Good for you for making not only a cute outfit - but a great memory.
Those are AWESOME!
I hope you actually did enjoy the making.
Sounds like your mom is a clever and wonderful as mine. Wish I were so wise.
So great you have such a close relationship.
My.Oh.My. What a talent you are in every shape and form. Wow. I'm totally impressed!!!
Love it!
Doesn't she just look adorable! I bet she loves them, and pink too! You did a fabulous job!
Way cute! You are very talented for sure. Moms are pretty much right most of the time!
I love this blog. I'm not good at taking time like that and what a great reminder from your mom. The coats are so cute. Good for you.
Post a Comment