March 12, 2010

The Strawberry Stands Alone....very sweetly

     Hello.  It has been a few weeks since I posted.  My goal for 2010 was to have a complete year of enteries in which I could print into a book.......I'm behind on my enteries.....I'm not going to beat myself up over this :)  I may or may not try to catch up.....depends on where the next week takes me. 
     For today, I have a simple post and a moment I would like to remember and have as part of my "2010 book"...a girl can dream!

     The season for strawberries is peeking around the corner.  While grocery shopping this week, I couldn't resist buying a package.  WE LOVE STRAWBERRIES!  We ate well over 100 lbs. last year.  They are as good as gone the minute they come into our home.  After my morning routine of seeing Aaron off to work and putting Alec and Emily on the bus, Carter and I came into the kitchen to eat our breakfast.  I giggled to myself when I saw the last strawberry in the house sitting alone on a plate.  Then something spoke to my heart "You're doing just fine"and for a moment, I felt warm and peaceful.  Nobody wanted to be the one to eat the last strawberry.  They had the opportunity that morning and all of them passed it up.  A tear came to my eye because I felt so blessed to have such a sweet little family.  I am thankful for the gentle reminder that being a wife and mother are the sweetest parts of my life.

Then Carter and I sat down and shared the sweetness.

7 comments:

Lost Woman said...

I LOVE that!

If you can raise kids that are aware and caring of others you have done an amazing job!

The Desiree said...

How cute it that! You do have a sweat family. My kids would have been fighting over it, and then tattling on the one who ate it!

crazy lady said...

Ahhh! That is nice. You DO have a great little family - and are a great wife, mom and person. Isn't it nice to have a sweet little reminder of that once in awhille?

michandler said...

Sounds like a title for a kids book. That was sweet and strawberries are wonderful when they are sweet. I hate it when they look all big, juicy and sweet and you bite into them and they aren't. I have been picking them up at the store lately myself. Gotta love strewberries and your sweet family!

wallymom said...

Way to sit down and capture that moment. I would think that and forget it. You are doing more than alright. You are an amazing family and I love you all.

My Angels said...

Don't forget the great mom!! It is important that we recognize those sweet moments and blessings! You are awesome- thanks for the example!

The Ball Babies said...

This morning on Food Network Paula Dean's sons were in Maine at a bakery where they stuff strawberries with stuff like cream cheese and chocolate then they dip them in chocolate. Oh, my, I'm sure your little family would love them! Oh, and they ship anywhere in the US!!! (Maybe we could share a box???) Neat post, btw...