September 26, 2010

My House Runneth Over!

   I wasn't planning on doing much canning this year.  HOWEVER....I found pears at a ridiculously low price and a friend gave me SO many peaches I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  It pretty much took over my kitchen for a week.

I love to see all my jars lines up.
This is what was left over after I filled every jar I owned and then some....seriously!  We had peach cobbler, peaches and cream, peaches in our lunches......SO YUMMY! 

 My good friend also gave us some of her plums....we just ate those, though.
 Eating dinner outside because the kitchen was so messy!  They thought it was fun....
 Don't worry Carter, we'll be back in our kitchen tomorrow...lol!
We've enjoyed the fruit this fall!   I love this time of year!  All the yummy fruits and vegetables!  It reminds to be self sufficient and be thankful for the opportunity to grow good food and that hard work matters.  I'm thankful for wonderful friends who share their harvest and love! 

My house truly runneth over this fall!

2 comments:

crazy lady said...

I love this time of year too! It's my fav for the very reasons you stated. However, I do not do the canning thing. Just the eating part. And I'm pretty good at it - the eating, not canning.
Nice pics as always!

The Ball Babies said...

Wow, I just had major flashbacks to my childhood when my mother's kitchen looked just like that! Unfortunately I didn't get the canning gene...My excuse is that my stove is a flat top one. Yeah, I think it might crack or something if I tried to can anything.

By the way, would you ever loan me a quart of peaches? haha Serious.