Our tree is down and decorations are put away. I can't believe it's over! I enjoyed Christmas SO much. My shopping was done the first week and I was able to sit back and enjoy the season.....remind me to do that again next year! As I look back over this Christmas, there are certain things I want to wrap up in my memory with a big red bow!
Carter:
I want to remember how excited you were over EVERYTHING this year! Your vocabulary was growing at lightening speed during Christmas and you would say the the most funny things! You loved candy cans.....and NO that isn't a typo! You called them "candy cans" and insisted on buying some every time we went to the store...you would bring them home and put them on the tree. People would ask you what you wanted Santa to bring you and it sounded like you wanted a sandwich from McDonalds followed by jibberish. You would tell them "A Big Mack and Ungy Ungy Ippo." I eventually gave up trying to explain to them you wanted the truck who drives Lightening McQueen around...a big one, not a small one...and HungRy, HungRy, Hippo...the game. You were so confused when we went to the "Rockettes"!!! When they would come out and dance, you would ask us "Are those the rockets?"....HA! You liked to set up the Little People nativity just like it looked on the box.You were so confident Santa would put a juicy orange in the toe of your stocking and lots of candy cans....you were such a joy!
I want to remember how you drew and drew and drew pictures of Santa. Your teacher, Mrs. Allen, taught you how to draw a picture of Santa and you drew a million of them......leaving them all over the house. You told me "See mom....they turn out different every time".....YES, they did! I loved them! In fact, one of them has joined the Christmas decorations to be brought out every year! I want to remember how excited you were for your music program at school....you looked so cute dancing to Rudolph. Every night, you would sit on my lap and sing the songs for our countdown with me....so sweet. I want to remember your face after the Sugar Plum fairy had finished her dance when we went to The Nutcracker....you were mesmerized....I cried.....lol! It is a blessing to have a daughter in which to share the holidays :)
Alec:
Oh, Alec! You are funny! I enjoyed watching you hang on to everything that means Christmas to you....the countdowns, the movies (White Christmas, Polar Express), decorating sugar cookies, looking at lights, certain books, Christmas PJ's, dinner by candlelight......you insisted it all had to happen! You were always the first to plug in the Christmas tree lights so they could be enjoyed all day. I want to remember your letter to Santa....you really made sure Santa knew how much you appreciated him and were very helpful by listing the magazine or ad of the item you would like to get...along with the page number....very thorough. You were a good sport when I couldn't remember which nerf gun you REALLY wanted Santa to bring you...I would say, "Now....you're asking Santa for The Maverick.....The Longstriker....The Longshot.....The Recon....The Vulcan....The Scout....which one was it again?" You would reply, "THE LONGSHOT..... Mom....say it with me LOOOOONG SHOT". You were very concerned Santa wouldn't bring the right gun.....good thing Santa has a better memory than your mom.....WHEW!
I want to remember it all!!!
Okay...I guess I'll get on with it.....good-bye 2010. We are thankful for all the many blessings we received and the good times that were ours!!!
That's a wrap.....with a big red bow!





























9 comments:
That is one lovely post.
Great memories of your family this holiday, and a little insight for the rest of us into their little minds.
Your new family photos are beautiful too!
I love love this post. It was so much fun to read about each of your kids and their personality. Thanks.
Sounds like the perfect holiday-best wishes for the year to come!
P.s LOVE LOVE the new family pics! ADORABLE family!
That was priceless and precious! Now you WILL be able to remember Christmas 2010 because you wrote it all down! Love it! You are such a great mom! :)
Sounds like you had a great christmas full of lots of great unforgetable memories! It really was a year that deserved a big red bow!Love you guys! I agree with everyone as well your family pic. are wonderful! cute, cute, cute!
Looks like you had a great month. Way to document it all.
Now you will remember it for sure since it is recorded! What a smart idea. Good memories there.
Oh!!! That was a fun read! I especially liked the part where you said you were done with shopping the first week and could enjoy the month. I'd like to try that!
I think you have created some beautiful traditions with your family and Alec is right on with insisting that each one be carried out. They grow and change SO fast. Nice way to document with a slice of time post.
(That photo of Alec with his LONGSHOT nerf gun is FANTASTIC!)
Post a Comment