May 18, 2011

I'm singing in the....

It seems as if I spend the majority of my life in front of this window
(which is sporting new treatments made by yours truly btw).
I'm almost certain this is true of most everyone and is probably the very reason why there is almost always a window over the kitchen sink...I'm thinking???

Well....I decided rather than looking into my neighbors windows ALL. DAY. LONG,  we (but mostly meaning Aaron...teehee)...would build a pretty little garden to stare into while we ponder life and go about scrubbing dishes and preparing meals.

MAY 2007....Aaron builds me a trellis and I buy a clematis....Kris gives me pansies when we were released from YW....I have me a pretty little flower garden :)
Well....we (okay.....mostly me, myself and I) have decided to expand our little garden this year.  Aaron worked on it last weekend and now I just need to decide how I'm going to plant it....any suggestions are welcomed....it is part sun...

I don't have any pictures of the expansion except for these and then I was just lucky enough to have the camera sitting close by.....enter the real reason for this post:
We're going about our usual....I'm making dinner and the kids are playing outside. 
I hear a yelling Carter,"MOM........MOM...MOM.....MOOOOOM", while I've turned from the window to get something out of the regrigerator.
"What?", I reply...not even looking out the window.  Okay... it was more like WHAAAT?
"I'M GOING TO SING YOU A SONG IN YOUR NEW GARDEN!!!!"
I turn my head to look out the window and begin to hear the sweetest song I've ever heard........
"There are no flowers in my moms' new garden....dooda...dooda"
"There are no flowers in my moms' new garden....dooda...dooda"
"There are no flowers in my moms' new garden....dooda...dooda"
                                                           Grand exit off the stage.....
I brought him back for a final bow.....BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!!
I LOVED the concert in my new flowerless garden!!!!!
The burned...ahem...just a little over cooked potatoes that I served.......not so much ;)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Thats Carter, so cute! Can't beat a kitchen window concert by your baby boy!

Lost Woman said...

That is hilarious!

Maybe no plants are needed... just a stage and some lighting?

If you DO want plants, and since you look out all year, I'd choose a couple of things that look nice for long periods of the year like a dwarf blue spruce and a potentilla bush to mix in with other showy summer flowering things.

Just my opinion. (:

Ps. The curtain is really nice... do you take orders?

Amy Wallace said...

I love your new garden. My kitchen widow looks at my trailer and my neighbors house. Carter's song is priceless. So glad you recorded it.

michandler said...

The curtains are lovely. You are very talented! Carter is a crack-up. Good luck on the garden thing. I have a black thumb so I am always envious of people who can do it.

The Desiree said...

I laughted out loud. That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

ps love the window coverings. You inspire me.

crazy lady said...

I would be looking at the nifty new curtains you made, you clever beast. But, the new lil garden has a grand start and obviously it inspired "someone" already!
That's going to be really nice.
(I'd take Celiac's advice - she is the pro on that count.)

Allison Petersen said...

Front row seat to best performance EVER!! What more can you ask for?

I need me some of those curtains, I LOVE them! Is there a tutorial?

jo said...

The curtains are a pattern...I could get the name and number for you if you'd like :)