Summer is here! We made it through the month of May......whew.
We are ready to have a great summer: sunscreen is bought, popsicles are in the freezer, vacations are booked and the calendar is filling up fast...no turning back now :)
This weekend, we started our summer off and running! Alec and Emily participated in the Capitol Classic and they really had a great time.
They ran from the Boise Train Depot down to the Capitol Building....super fun to run right down Capitol Blvd.!!!
I mean, seriously, what could be better than getting free sandwiches, frozen yogurt, cookies, cheese sticks, fruit, chocolate milk and more after your done.....quite the party....makes for a fun Saturday morning :)
They gathered for a group photo.....can you find them...they are the ones wearing red?
Here...I'll help..
The weather was perfect and it was such a fun morning. As my children are getting older and able to participate in more things.....life is getting more and more FUN!
Way to go guys!
A great way to kick off summer.....and we're off!










4 comments:
That is so cool!
I totally love that Emily ran in a skirt.
A girls girl to the core. (;
Running to the Capitol, Yogurt, cheese sticks, choc milk? All I got was bread and water when I ran - oh and a 1/3 of a banana when I ran a little 5k on Saturday..Next time I want to run with them.....Looks like they were in good company and had a great day to run. I had a blast watching the kids race after I finished my race. They were so cute and it's neat to see them out being active.
Great way to jump start summer. Can't wait to see what else will happen.
Congrats to them both.
Can't believe it is summer for you already! We have two weeks left. What a great start to the summer though. Looks like the weather is even summer like--we just started spring. Fun times are already on the way!
Way to Go! What a fun thing for your kids to do. I bet they were proud when they finished. I would have been.
Post a Comment