Tidbits....is that real word?
Anyways....it's what came into my mind when I started looking at pictures I wanted to add to the history of 2011 AND that didn't really flow together very well except to be grouped together as....Tidbits.
Here are some recent tidbits :)
Emily keeps losing her teeth....she has an AWESOME smile right now!
Emily had a super year in ballet!
I saw so much growth. She learned a great deal and worked so hard.
She looks just like a little ballerina when she dances.
Carter is recently fascinated with puppets. He calls them "pop-ups". I think it's cute because it does kind of sound like that when we say it and because that it basically what they do....they pop up :)
We've been spending some time at the library at "pop-up" shows and watching Carter put on some of his very own....sooo entertaining, let me tell ya! Gordon and Peggy brought him back some knitted finger puppets from Hawaii (they are awesome...I love them, too!) and they've made for some great puppet shows!
Piano recital. They both did great! Our piano teacher is headed for college :(
She has been so great and my kids have done so well with her....on to the next chapter, I guess.
See that very cool Hanna Montana bike Emily is riding a few years ago. Well....we got it out for Carter and he thought it was totally cool, too.........until a neighbor kid asked him why he was riding a pink and purple girl bike. Aaron felt bad and, as always, fixed it up for Carter. It is now red and black and as cool as ever! What a great dad!
This is Emily with our neighbors' dog...Duke. He is such a good dog. He walks with the kids on our street to and from the bus stop every day. It is so cute. Duke LOVES Emily because she always pets him, gives him bones, sings to him.....I know, I know...we should get Emily a pet dog. But...I think we've got a very nice situation here and plus....Duke might get jelous.
Last day of school. First day of summer vacation.
We celebrated with a GIANT banana split. Now...that was fun!












3 comments:
Tidbits IS a word and a perfect one. I'm glad to see all the snippets from the year so far.
Dancing, dogs, bike overhauls... all very entertaining in my book.
For what it is worth I think you have the ideal situation with your neighbors dog. The kids get a little petting fix and you don't have the poop and feeding care.
Perfection!
I think that a banana split is just the ticket for someone who's losing teeth right and left...but jealous that she can eat that and still be a perfect lil ballerina.. I can tell Carter likes those puppets- he is practically in the puppet master's lap:0). Puppets are MUCH cooler than clowns. (I think clowns are creepy - just a little side note there).
Good for Mr. Fix it dad with the bike re-do. Most dads would either say to suck it up or buy a new bike.
Nice post- you always are able to give such good updates on what's happening in your lives. love it.
The best do IS someone else's dog! I think you should just stick with the neighbor's dog. It's always a great idea to a kid until they HAVE to walk it and HAVE to clean up after it--when they get tired of it (quickly) it becomes your job. That banana splits is crazy! Nice tidbits!
Post a Comment