The tune of June went something like this.........
We FINALLY got our tomatoes in the ground.....its been a cold spring.
We had visitors....trying to get as much time with this little guy and his mama before they turn into North Carolinians!!!
I love Trey's little hands!!!!
Lots of time spent playing and reading together....so nice to be out of school!
Still going on our bike rides to the book mobile and hanging out in our tree.
We attempted a trip to the sand dunes.....we got rained out!
I had just got a pedicure a few days before and I didn't want to walk in the sand and ruin it....
Emily said, "That's so lame, MOM".....I had to agree with her but I'm still not gonna ruin my toes!!!
Up they go!
Our neighbor's grandson, Jaron, was staying with them for the month and he and Carter became fast friends...too bad he doesn't live there all the time!
Swim Team! Yup...we've been getting up every morning and swimming
Emmy at the first meet
Remember Alec......TWO HAND TOUCH!!!!
We had a week of science experiments to get ready for our trip to Craters of the Moon and Yellowstone....so fun! Carter wasn't sure about the erupting volcano!
Eating popsicles....purple ones.....isn't he funny!
Yeah....I pretty much can't say no when we asks me for a "posible"!
The circus came to town!
We finished off the month with a trip:
Craters of the Moon/ Mackay/ Yellowstone
Craters of the Moon
The Cinder Cone Lookout.....the red hat and yellow shirt are my children RUNNING up it.
However, that didn't last very long....it was VERY steep!
At the top...
It was windy up there!
There is a story behind those trucks....heehee....Aaron said I shouldn't put it on here.
I had to mention it for the memory.
MACKAY
After Crater's of the Moon, we headed to Mackay.
It's always nice to get to Mackay.
Gordon and Peggy had a house full! Her brothers, cousin and a friend were in town and we were able to visit with them. We had a nice BBQ. We also visited with Grandpa&Grandma Vaden....we sure enjoyed our visit and love you both!
The highlight....my children LOVED sleeping out in the trailer...
grandpa and grandma's house is SO FUN!
The highlight....my children LOVED sleeping out in the trailer...
grandpa and grandma's house is SO FUN!
My children wanted to go the park, of course!
They love this park!!!
I love it too because it still has the metal merry-go-round, slides and teeter totters....you don't find those in parks anymore!
Don't ever change Mackay....we love you just the way you are!!!
My kids played golf and bad mitton...all.day.long.....I'm not kidding!
YELLOWSTONE
I love Yellowstone! I have fond memories visiting Yellowstone as a kid and I think that makes it even more special to share it with my children! I forget how beautiful and breathtaking it really is....we had an AWESOME time in Yellowstone!
There was still quite a bit of snow in the high parts.
We were never cold or too hot....the weather was perfect.
Carter was exhausted by the time we ate dinner.
We stayed at Grant Village. It is on the west thumb of Yellowstone Lake. Beautiful.
That night, we went for a little stroll along the lake.
Saw A LOT of bison.....The rule is to stay 75 ft. back from the bison...what are you supposed to do when they are walking right by the road??? Awesome.
Looking for those bison.....
Emily at the Upper Falls.
We got half way down uncle Tom's Trail....we were a little nervous going any further with Carter.
I kept telling the kids, "Whatever we go down...we have to come back up"....they kept going down :)
It was a good little hike.
Alec at the Upper Falls
At Mammoth Hot Springs.
This picture is for Mom and Dad....SEE...isn't it so sad!
Mammoth Hot Springs is drying up....not quite how I remembered it as a little girl...I almost cried!
The earth is always changing....such is life...reminded me to enjoy every moment and sieze the day!
Oh, we're having so much fun at Yellostone....HEY!
These next pictures are REALLY bad...I don't have a super nice camera.
Bear #1
Bear #2
Two wolves running across the field.
We saw almost all the "big" animals...we didn't see a moose.
Yellowstone was beautiful and so will be the memories!!!
Now.....back to the title "Tune of June".
I know I am biased because I am his mom, BUT...C'mon, this is pretty neat!
Alec figured out the theme song to Pirates of the Caribbean...no sheet music...no help from me....just whips it out on his own! He plays it....constantly. It is stuck in my head :)
It has pretty much been in the background of everything we've done this month.
I give you.....The TUNE of JUNE:




















































7 comments:
Awesome family trip! Yellowstone IS an amazing place. It was fun taking Spencer & Cooper last summer with Aunt C. You did alot in June. What are you going to do with the rest of the summer?? It's off to an amazing start!
You saw sooo many of the big animals. How lucky! The trips look like loads of fun.
Carter and his Purple popciscle...made both mom and I laugh. Who could resist.
You are a busy family. I'm glad I got to see you all for just a few minutes on the Mackay leg of the journey. Hopefully our paths will cross again before next year.
Happy travels!
Aunt C.-
We're glad we got to see and visit with you, too.
My children LOVE you!!! They believe you are ALL FUN...they're right!
Excellent trip. I love how you did science experiments to prepare. You have been busy. Tell Alec I am VERY impressed with his piano skills.
WOW!! I thought we had been busy, but you make us look like a bunch of snails!! Lots of fun, You are an awsome mom!!
Alecs piano is VERY impressive!!
OK, now where is the mother to those cute kids? You need to give the camera to Aaron once in awhile so we can see your cute face! :) (If Aaron is like my husband, he never really touches the camera - only if I hand it to him and say take my picture.) Loved your toenails! And you were smart not to go up the sand dunes - I learned from experience last week that sand in your shoes equals no more polish left on your toenails.
Great summary, lady!
Wow what a June! Can I just say you are a good mom. I don't even take my kids to the library, little alone the book mobile. Plus, science experiments....I suck.
Your kids are super talanted and super cute!
Post a Comment