It's a long one, but here is our alibi for July:
We stayed in town for the 4th of July....did the usual BBQ and fireworks.
Carter was so excited to go to the new CARS movie! It was at the top of his list to do this summer.
We made it a night out on the town! Had dinner at the Bistro, played in the fountain and get this.....it was the same night as the cruise in....no I did not plan that!!! It was perfect, though.
Carter started drawing pictures of people, animals and forming letters.....
When I asked him about his chalk drawing,
he said, "I'm riding on dad's shoulders"
Oh. My. Goodness. I loved it!
Carter riding on Dad's shoulders !
We continued with swim team. Emily made a friend this year who likes American Girl dolls, too.
They would bring them to the pool....so cute!

Emily's last swim meet was very exciting!
Her last event was the butterfly and it was such a finger curling race....once I snapped this picture, I couldn't hardly stand to watch it! LOL!
A happy girl the next day at swim team when she was handed a BLUE RIBBON!
Just call her Miss Butterfly. Way to go, Emmy!
Last day (for us) at swim team.
You both put in such a good effort and I'm so proud of you!
Hooray....we made it!
Then it was off to Utah!
Time to go down home and spend some time with family. This trip was especially important because Theo, Ashley, and Trey are moving to NC and it will be a while before we can see and be with them.
I look forward to this trip the whole year long. It is where I go to escape my reality..heehee!
My kids can roam free and I don't have to make dinner....JUST KIDDING (sorta)!
My most favorite thing to do at home is to get up and go on a walk in the morning.
I love the sights, sounds, and smells of the morning.
I took my camera along one morning! I leave my house and walk along the canal, hay fields,
fruit orchards...there was even a baby deer I saw every morning but two.
The cherries are late this year and they hadn't started the harvest, yet.
Don't they look so pretty? I love it!
My mom is usually waiting for me on the porch when I get back.
I admit....we can sit here for most of the morning.
It's called porch sittin and we take it very seriously :)
We met up with Uncle John, Jonna, Toosh and their kids for some fun at a water park.
Good to see and be with them!
We watched Trey while Ashley and Theo went to Kristi's wedding. Jess and Iris happend by and you could see that Trey was so excited to see his Uncle Jess. He started bouncing up and down and couldn't crawl over to him fast enough.....so cute!
All the kids love their Uncle Jess!
Even little Trey had to get in on the action....get him, Trey!
!!! We had a problem !!!
My parents' water pump went out on the 23rd of July. There was no running water coming into the house. We were headed to the cabin, anway...but thank heavens for the cabin! Jess and Iris almost had a house full of guest...heehee! It earned us an extra day spent there because of the 24th of July weekend...Pioneer Day, people....the whole State of Utah shuts down!!! Well...this year, the 24th fell on Sunday so it was celebrated on Monday the 25th.
They couldn't get anyone to come out until the 26th! Even then, we weren't sure if there would be water so we made an executive decision to spend an extra day! HOORAY!
Morning chess games.....
Grandma bought bug catchers....they were a big hit!
A walk to the river......
Alec has perfected the art of skipping rocks........
I'm not kidding when I say, "You have to be careful when you open the door...you never know what might be waiting for you!!!" I was headed out to the deck to read and this is who was waiting for me!
This is the view from the deck. I spend most of my time here.
I call it deck sittin and I take it very seriously..heehee!
Alec told me he looks forward to night time and reading in this spot......
Once we were in business with running water, we headed home and Trey became my baby for the next few days while Ashley and Theo packed up their apartment and sent it all off to NC.
He is the cutest! He did so good being away from Ashley for a couple of days.
I couldn't get enough of squeezing and kissing him.
He loved to go outside with Emmy and get pushed in the stroller. He was riding right along with the kids.
I couldn't get enough of squeezing and kissing him.
He loved to go outside with Emmy and get pushed in the stroller. He was riding right along with the kids.
Our last night was spent at Jess and Iris' home. They hosted a Paella Party! Iris learned how to make it when she was in Spain working on her masters. DE.LIC.IOUS.
Jess was going to cook Carter in the Paella.....what a tease!
This is what Carter thought of that......
This, turns into........
THIS!
So beautiful and words can't describe how yummy!
THANK YOU, Jess and Iris!!!
THANK YOU, Jess and Iris!!!
Carter made his muscles talk!
It was a fun night! Jess set up the Wii with a projector outside and we stayed
well into the night playing the Wii and laughing so hard it hurt :)
The morning we headed home.......
I went for my morning walk and when I got back,these two found me.....on the porch.
Ashley told me not to take a picture of them...but I did anyways :) Some day she will love this picture of her feeding Trey his morning bottle sitting on the porch at home.
Time goes by too fast, doesn't it? I can't believe our two weeks in Utah are over. There are no pictures of our good-byes because lets face it ...it wasn't pretty! It was so hard to leave and I'll never forget little Emmy holding on to her Aunt Ashley and hugging her SO tight.
I can't believe my baby sister has a baby of her own and is headed to the other side of the country!
I'm so proud of her and the person she has become. There isn't any thing in this world like having a sister and I have been blessed to have Ashley as one of mine.
I love you and wish you all the best....always!
Now......go catch some fireflies for both of us, okay!
And there you have it...our alibi of July.
A little bitter and sweet :)
A little bitter and sweet :)





















































8 comments:
I just love, love Carter's art and writing, especially the chalk picture. That moose was right there! Too bad you had to spend those extra days at the cabin :) Looks pretty great to me, I'll like to join you for some serious porch sitting sometime.
I think i would consider this post mostly sweet! What a great time you guys have when you go to Utah! You know how to do it right! (Can I go with you next time??) I know the feeling of having a sister move so far away and it isn't fun but before you know it, she'll be back! Hugs, friend!
Sorry, Amy, this isn't Alyssa, it's me - her mother! Stinker was signed in to my blogger!
Summer is always entirely too short.
Glad you got a lot of good family time in.
Carter's chalk drawing is fabulous!
Awesome update! You HAVE been busy! What great memories you have created.
Really, you made me cry! I miss my sister too! I have to say your sister's baby is sooo cute!
I am sorry to hear all is not wonderful and happy. Life sometimes sucks that is for sure! Plus it's not fair.
You guys looked like you had a good time though! Some gorgous pictures, no wonder you love it so much!
Wow, that almost made me homesick and it wasn't even my home or family. It looks like you had a good time.Sorry your sis is moving so far away.
If I wasn't already homesick. :( I love you guys so much and the time we spent together will help me make it until I see you in a few months!Thansk Amy I am so glad I have a sister like you! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment