September 7, 2011

Back to the Big House.....

Yup....it happened. 
Summer came to a screeching stop and Alec and Emily had to go back to school.

 Alec....5th grade...He wanted to wear his swim team shirt???  Go for it!
 Emily....3rd grade....
This was our conversation when she arrived home:

Me : How was your day?
Emmy: It was good...it was really, really good.
Before I have a chance to respond
And guess what! It is really easy to make new friends because girls say "do you want to play with me" and I say "sure, I like your ponytail"......and then you are best friends.
Me: Oh..good Emmy. What are their names?
Emmy: hmmm...... I don't know.

If it would only stay that simple.....

I told Carter..."Look so sad that Alec and Emmy are going back to school"
 Does he look very sad to you? Me either.

He'd been waiting for weeks to get out the paint. 
I told him "When the kids go back to school...we'll paint!"
 Carter and I also went to the fair.....shhhhhh....don't tell!


It always makes me sad to think about my kids spending their day with someone other than me :(  Good thing I still have this little buddy to keep me company! 
He doesn't go to the big house for a couple more years ;)

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Yeah, Carter kinda scores once school starts. Painting, the Fair, corn dogs.
No wonder he is happy. (:

I wish I could make friends as easily as Miss Emily!

Hope the school year is grand.

Ashley said...

Carter is one lucky boy! enjoy the time!

michandler said...

Always a banner day the first day of school. We just started on Wednesday. Cooper started middle school so no more elementary school for me. It's always a little sad & a little fun. I always take pictures on the first day of school too. It is great fun to look back on them over the years and see how they have grown. It sure goes by fast!