January 31, 2012

Ordinary Day #1

     I always start my day off getting everybody out the door...lol!  I didn't take pitures because I'm not used to living my life through a camera and after today, I know I could NEVER be one of those bloggers who blogs every day...nope.  So....

    On my way home from dropping the kids off at the bus, I found out my neighbors' husband had been in the hospital all weekend with a blood clot and I offered to take them dinner.  So...after some time spent on Pinterest (I knew I should have never started that!) and Skyping my mom,  I decided I would have "Vegetable Soup Day".  I usually do this once during winter and I haven't done it yet so it was time!

  I got out my big pot and big spoon....really the only time I get them out.
Started chopping vegetables......
 Here is the recipe...I usually triple it...but today, I'm only going to double it.

 I end up freezing A LOT of soup when I'm done. 
Later, when I bring it out for dinner, I will add meat or pasta.

Today I'm going to add my children's favorite...Alphabet pasta.
This is what Carter did while I worked on my soup, did dishes, swept the kitchen floor, etc., etc.
Carter will use any excuse to get out the googly eyes....lol!
 My kids came home from school....Report Card Day!

 Sometimes,  Alec comes home and goes straight to the piano. 
He'll write down a song he's made up or figured out during the day and doesn't want to forget it. 
That probably explains the math grade I just saw....

Now....go get started on your homework!
 Homework Time....Carter has to do "homework" too......
 Actually, today he did something super neat!  I've been working on ABAB patterns with him.
He said, "Mom...look what I did.  I made a "patren".
I thought it was cool......

Alec has a friend that moved to Seattle and he will call every once in awhile.
Okay...tell Kyle good-bye and go get started on your homework!
 Alec built a project from his circuit kit he got for Christmas.
He loves it!  I love it...I think it's so good for him!
But.....go do your homework!
He told me "My plan is to do it after dinner"...
Glad to hear you have a plan :)
Carter sang to me while I finished up dinner.
Had to document  "Then one soggy Christmas day....."
Time for dinner.....
We have to eat a bit earlier on Mondays because Emily has ballet.
Carter is crying because he didn't get the red bowl....life is tough.
 Time to take dinner to my nieghbor....
I got enough for us to eat, them to eat, and one for the freezer.
I served it with breadsticks and brownies for dessert.
Finish up the laundry I started on Saturday.
Truth be told...Aaron folded more than half of what is in the baskets...
I love him...he is my hero!

Time to get Emily out the door.....
Alec....remember your plan!!!
 Emily waiting for class to start!
Geez mom, is this really what I'm going to have to put up with this week!?!
Yes, Emily....I'm documenting our joy!!!

I went to the gym while Emily was there.....
That's right, folks!  Golds is now Axiom.  Here's my rant for the day...
 I don't like it.  I don't like saying it...too many syllables!
ax*i*om...3 syllables
Golds...1 syllable

I have a theory...see...after this change,
I decided I liked saying
"I'm going to Golds" better than "I'm going to Axiom"
because I live my life saying one syllable words
eat
go
stop
now
no
yes
run
nice
Just fits into my vocabuly soooo much more nicely...
Anyhoo...bad move people in charge of naming my gym....
I don't use your name....now I say "I'm going to the gym" which could be any gym under the sun.
gym...1 syllable.
I was able to get 30 minutes on the treadmill and a few weights in.

Got home. 
Alec had carried out his plan....took some tears with Dad...but it got done.
Did the bedtime thing. 
Got kids in bed because Monday night is MY FAVORITE night.
Why?
Because Aaron will cuddle up and watch this with me....
Castle Poster
Goodnight....

4 comments:

The Desiree said...

Love this!

I may copy this idea. I love seeing what you do. I also loving to see that your kids are kind of like mine. Well minus the music genius, you little one doing patterns already, and any girl practice at all!

You are so awesome!

The Ball Babies said...

Totally love this, Amy! Especially about the silly axiom thing. I still call it gold's and will forever. There. The end.

Ashley said...

Thank you thank you thank you! I love hearing all about your wonderful everyday life! I mean it I really do! Love the kiddos!

Lost Woman said...

I LOVE seeing an "ordinary day".

You did a great job documenting everything, from soup to singing, tears to stink eye looks.

Such a great family you are part of.
I often cry when I don't get the read bowl too.

Now I want some soup. (sans bread sticks)