Carter
When Carter "graduated" from pre-school last Spring.....
His teacher, Miss Chris, said to me ,"Carter is such a bright light."
That has stuck in my mind since then and I have to say....I agree.
He has always been and continues to be a bright spot in my life!
Here are some updates on Carter-man.
He turned 6 years old this year!
He likes fish and all things sea creature...so we had an "Under the Sea" party.
It was the most fun I've had decorating for a party in a long time!!!
I have Pinterest to thanks for all the ideas, of course.
He received many gifts from friends and family.
He's my little scientist...he loves to learn about animals!
He can't wait to get those butterflies!
He also got an ant farm :)
Legos! Can never have enough Legos?
It really was a fun birthday!
Happy 6th Birthday, Carter! We love you so much!
He couldn't wait to get bikes out this Spring......loves his bike!
Conversation with Carter...
Me: You should go build with your Legos
Carter: Alec abandoned me from the Legos.
Me: He abandoned you from them?
Carter: Yeah...you know...I can't play with them now.
Me: Oh, banned you from them...Ha!
Me: Well, go play with them anyway...I said so :)
(I could totally see Alec telling him he was "banned" from the Legos and Carter's head dropping in shame...lol!)
***This past weekend, he would refer to General Conference as "Dreadful Conference".....***
He is playing T-ball this spring. He is such a cute little ball player.
He is full of enthusiasm and his coach took him aside and told him he didn't have to go after every ball....if it goes over your head, leave it for the other guy. HA!
He would get SO excited about things on our Spring Break to the Oregon Coast.
So excited to find Sea Lions..."Not in captivity"
Very zealous about the tide pools!
Notice Alec holding him so he can lean in and touch that Starfish!
Carter makes everything more fun and upbeat :)
And the grand finale!!!!!
Carter just keeps moving along and progressing when it comes to reading and writing.
Well....this beauty came home in his Friday Folder this week:
Yeah...I had to ask him to read it to me :/
He said in his most innocent and unconcerned voice....
"Dogs can dig and *sniff."
SNIFF, people....SNIFF
Whew, for a second there I thought the light was going dim ;)
SO FUNNY!
It has proudly been displayed on our fridge of honor.
There isn't one of us that can pass it without grinning...except Carter, of course.
What's so funny about it? Dogs really do dig and sniff!
Keep shining, Carter! Our lives our brighter because of YOU!

2 comments:
Dreadful Conference....LOL. Happy Birthday Carter. What a character!
Oh my gosh... that drawing of dogs made me laugh out loud.
You should send that in to the Ellen show. Seriously.
It is true, dogs CAN eat and sniff.
All of your kids are such unique little peoples!
Post a Comment