The first weekend in May, she had her dance recital. This is her second year taking ballet. I have enjoyed going and watching her dance every Thursday. She loves it! She is always flitting around the house and putting on dance recitals for me and her stuffed animals (Alec and Dad miss out because they're at work and school!) This took place the same weekend we blessed Carter so everyone was in town to watch her on the big stage. She was VERY excited about that. So was I...that may never happen again. It was a good day for her.
second from the right
On Friday, May 16, she had her preschool program. From the picture, you may wonder where it took place (stained glass and all). It took place in the sanctuary of the Lutheran Church down the road because that is where Emily went to preschool. This past year, Emily attended Beautiful Savior Preschool. It has been so great! A few kids from our ward had gone there in the past and their moms just loved it. They have a great curriculum and Emmy is ready for kindergarten. I've enjoyed the religious twist on things, too. Every month she has learned a scripture and story from the Bible. These are some of the sweet moments I want to remember about Emily and what she was picking up at preschool.
* While sitting on my lap reading a book, she could feel my heart beating. She said "Mom, Miss Chris says when you feel your heart beat it is the love of God.
* While driving around looking at Christmas lights she spotted some lit up metal angels and exclaimed, "There are the angles proclaiming God's Glory!"
* We had been on the other side of town shopping and on our way back, a pretty bad storm was blowing in. I guess she could sense my anxiety because she told me. "Don't worry mom, in Jobbers 3,4,5 it tells us to trust in the lord with all your heart". She meant Proverbs 3:5!
* After hurting her head by pulling out an elastic from her hair (regular occurrence) I apologized. She said she forgave me and so did Jesus.
* She reprimanded me at Easter for putting candy inside the plastic eggs. "Well... at MY preschool we didn't put candy in the eggs for OUR hunt because the tomb was empty on Easter morning!" OUCH! However, she didn't seem to have a problem once she knew the candy was hers to keep :)
I hope she will always remember the things Miss Chris taught her at Beautiful Savior Preschool!
And as always.... playing, playing, playing. I snapped this picture because of the blanket over the stroller. Before Carter was born, Emily didn't really play with her dolls. It was all about her black puppy. Now she plays "Mom" all the time...complete with cell phone :) Why does she cover the stroller with a blanket? Because I do. This Spring hasn't been very quick to warm up. I always put a blanket over the stroller when we go on walks with Carter to keep the cold air out; so that's what you do when you take your baby on a walk! I got a kick out of it and was reminded, once again, how they're watching....always watching.
Never a dull moment with Emmy around!!!

2 comments:
wow. time flies! happy birthday to your lady! it looks like you guys are keeping so busy and having fun. love ya!
Those are some precious and insightful sentiment she expressed. What a deep thinker all ready. I love your comment reply grandpa running down the road... so casual"Who knows". Nice:0)
Post a Comment