May 8, 2008

My first attempt!

I am attempting to start a blog. After months of reading the blogs of others, I've decided it is time to jump in. Actually, a friend of mine (Kristine) gave me a bigger vision of what a blog can be. I was once an avid scrapbooker. I was caught up on all our pictures. I had great albums and everything was journaled and dated. Then it suddenly felt overwhelming and I wasn't enjoying it anymore. I haven't scrapbooked for at least three years. A few weeks after Carter was born, I drug out some of my scrapbooks and really enjoyed looking back at when my other children were born. It brought back so many memories of what life had been like at that time. So.... I guess what I'm saying is Kristine made me realize a blog can be like an online scrapbook. A way of documenting our lives! I can access it anywhere and it is a great way to share our lives with our family and friends who live far away from us. So...here's to blogging!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

May I be the first to welcome you to the blogging world!! I look forward to peeking into life of the Vaden Family once in a while!:)

Erica said...

welcome to the blogging world! i'm such a fan and a bit addicted to it!!! can't wait to stay updated on your lives. love you miss!

wallymom said...

Hey it looks great and I'm excited your on. You are already a much more interesting writer than I.

michandler said...

Are you sure you know what you are getting into?? Welcome to blogger world. I was never a scrapbooker but it is nice to have the blog to chronicle things that might not otherwise get chronicled. Its the 21st century journal! I'll add you to my "blogs I love" list.