May 27, 2008

Winding Down

Well, the school year is winding down and I am SO ready. It has been a juggling act since Carter was born; trying to get everyone where they are supposed to be...on time! I'm ready to get up whenever we feel like it, get dressed whenever we feel like it, and not having to be anywhere on any particular day!!!!! Ah.... summer !

We spent this last week at various "end of the year" activities. Alec had his music program. I almost didn't make it. That morning I had a gall bladder attack. However, thanks to the quick response of my surgeon's nurse and Aaron, I had a pain pill in me before noon and was set to go. I love elementary school music programs! They are so sweet.....even the kid picking his nose :) Alec appeared to know the songs and was excited about the whole event! He played an instrument in one of the songs and I was so proud of his steady beat :)

Emily had a field trip to the MK Nature center. It is only 10 minutes away from our house; we need to go there more often. They've been learning about birds, fish, butterflies...nature stuff... this last month. So, Carter and I packed up and headed out. Carter was content to sit up and look around; sleeping some of the time. I enjoyed being out of the house and getting some fresh air. Emily had fun and stuck to the guide like glue. She saw lots of fish, birds, an elk (it had wandered in..much to the surprise of the guide), and a beaver. A great field trip!

As for our Memorial Day weekend....we just hung out. We went to "Horton Hears a Who". Aaron went on two bike rides (He saw an elk...I'm guessing it is the same one that wandered into the nature center )and worked on his current project: THE SHED. Alec "helped" Aaron and was his shadow most of the day. Emily was sick....for the third year in a row! WEIRD! I started a knitting project and Carter worked on rolling around and has definately found his voice.

This next week, Alec has a field trip to ZOO BOISE and Emily has a "Good-bye" party in the park....time for things to wind down!

4 comments:

crazy lady said...

Well that was fun reading all your entries and getting to know a bit more about what's going on at your home. In that pic of Aaron working on the shed I can actually see something of Gordon in him for the first time. Not sure just what it is "the expression"? The interaction with the animals sounds like fun.
I too, will be glad when school is over! Only 3 more days for me!! WooHoo!

Erica said...

mayhem! good luck getting everything done for the real fun to start...summer!

wallymom said...

Love the last week of school and all the programs and assemblies. Yesterday I ran a booth at the Chase's school carnival. I think I might take my act on the road. We also had a quiet Memorial Day. It rained and rained. I have shed envy. Mike really wants one, but we aren't builders. Kudos to Aaron

My Angels said...

Your kids are soo cute! I LOVE the chubby pictures. Chubby babies are so fun. Abby, my second was the same way. I am known as the aunt that pinches cheeks, chubby cheeks are the best! I didn't realize that Emily and Abby's birthdays were so close. Abby turned 5 on the 29th of April.