SEW, a few days later, I'm watching Marth Stewart and they happen to make a really cute bag. It looks easy and simple to make. A project that would work up fast.....exactly what I need for my ode to SEWing. Hey...Emily needs a bag for her dance shoes! SEW, I decided that I would make Emily the bag I saw on Martha to put her dance shoes in. I rushed to the computer, got on Martha's website, and printed out the pattern.
Now...the pattern needed to be enlarged....enough so, that I had to go to Kinko's so they could do it on the big butcher paper. I had read the suggestions of other's who had made the bag and they suggested enlarging the pattern 200% for a purse, 300% for a bag, and 400% for a diaper bag. SEW, after having the pattern stare at me for a week from the computer desk, I finally made it to Kinko's.
I get in line. People get in line behind me. It is finally my turn to make my request to the Kinko's worker. I told the girl, "I need this pattern enlarged 200%, 300%, and 400%." I figured I'd get all the enlargements..... since it is such a great bag pattern. "Okay", she replied as she turned to fullfill my request. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep Carter happy and making small talk with the very nice lady behind me who wanted to know what I was making. I told her, "Oh.... I'm just SEWing a little bag for my daughter to put her dance shoes in...nothing fancy". All of sudden the ladies eyes and mouth go wide.....I turn to see what she's looking at.
Standing in front of me is a monster-sized pattern of the bag!!! I can't even see the Kinko's worker...where is she? As she struggled with the paper to peek her head from behind it, she asked me, "Is this what you had in mind?" I was speechless. Then I started laughing and remained speechless. The people in line behind me started to laugh. "Did you want to put your daughter in the bag or just her shoes?", the nice lady chimmed in. "What size are her feet?", a guy added. We are all now roaring with laughter. I finally found my words and told the Kinko's worker "No....that is much bigger than what I had in mind." She went back over to the machine and discovered she had enlarged it 800%!!!! Now anyone who had heard any of this was laughing....really hard.
SEW funny!
I eventually made it home with the right sized pattern. I SEWed Emily's bag and her shoes fit inside of it perfectly....at 200% not 800%.

4 comments:
Oh my Gosh!!! That is SEW, SEW funny! Glad you didn't have to pay for the 800% enlargement. The bag looks cute, as does Miss Emily. Sew, what's next on the agenda...oh wait, I just read the post about peaches. Itake that back :0)
too funny!
Who knew there was a sewing month!
Cute bag, cute story.
Sew. Amy, I am sew ready for a bite of one of your canned peaches. I am truly salivating right now.
where did you get your adorable back ground for your blog? I love it it definitly shows how much you love fall? Love the bag it is so cute and a story to go along with it forever!
Post a Comment