September 14, 2008

Whew!

Our Trek Out West...
Our weekend started early this week; the kids were out of school on Friday. We packed up the silver Caravan with our provisions (A few bottles for Carter and Red Vines for the rest of us) and headed west....we only went as far west as Caldwell, though. That's where I go to get my peaches and pears to bottle. It has been an adventure every time I have gone out there. So, this time I was determined to get off the right exit and make the right turns. I did it!!! Finally.....after 8 years!!! It was smooth riding as we jammed out to Alvin and the Chipmucks. We even made it as far as Chicken Dinner Road before my children started asking , "How much longer before we get to the peaches?" Once I cross Chicken Dinner road, I know I'm almost there. Isn't that a strange name for a road? Every time I go across that road I look for a chicken farm or some kind of evidence to justify naming that road Chicken Dinner road! I haven't found it. I have come up with maybe one reason, but I won't say....I'll leave it to your own imaginations to take it wherever you want to take it :) I came back with some beautiful peaches that will keep me busy on Monday :)

Green Jell-o Carnival.....
Our Stake had an activity called The Great Green Jell-o Carnival. What a hoot! I haven't seen so much jell-o in one place at one time. I'll admit it....I don't like making JELL-O. I don't have any spectacular jell-o recipes. In fact, I can count on one hand how many times I have made JELL-O for my family. I made the only recipe I really make with JELL-O....mom's cottage cheese salad....it has JELL-O in it.... it just isn't set up! They had jumping things and games for the kids. We had a yummy lunch...pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, chips. BUT, ironically, none of us ate any JELL-O!

Air Show
Then we headed to Mountain Home to see the Air Show. Aaron LOVES airplanes and the kids like to look at them, too. So, when Alec announced at the dinner table that he wasted his whole recess watching a plane write "Mountain Home Air Show" in the sky....we checked into it. It is pretty amazing to get up close to some of those aircraft....they are HUGE! The highlight was when the USAF Thunderbirds flew over and practiced their stunts for the show they would do on Sunday. Something about seven F-16's flying over you......pretty amazing!
Checking out a plane with Dad
Alec, Emmy, and Carter after the Thunderbird's had landed.
Those are the Thunderbird's behind them. Pretty Cool.
I did not tell them to salute, by the way.

Alec checks out the cockpit...Yeah, he's loving it!

Carter Has a Ball....

Carter's favorite toy lately is this blue ball.
He kicks it, hits it, lays on it, chases it, kisses it...he loves it!!!
The End....

WHEW!

3 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

You aren't a JELLO fan or a maker of JELLO? What kind of Utah bred Molly Mormon housewife are you, Amy Jo???
HeeHee...Jello was the main staple in my house when I was a little girl and it was used as a dessert, as a salad, and for bloody noses (when it's in its dry form...) Did you get to see the 7 layer rainbow salad on Saturday? It was as delicious as it was pretty! You should make some Jello for dinner..you have time, only about 6 hours til then and it will set up in time. Go for it, girl!

jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lost Woman said...

Oh I LOVE that there is a road called
"chicken dinner". That is classic.

I hope the peaches and pears were tasty. I'm jealous!!

Carter looks like he is sporting some hair!!