January 6, 2009

Here I Sit

Here I sit at my computer.

It is 10 minutes until 7 o'clock in the morning, which means I will soon need to get my children out of bed and off to school. I've been up since 5 o'clock in the morning making changes and updating this blog instead of sleeping or doing something good for myself like reading or excercising. My excuses= 1. The roads are icy and I don't want to drive on them half asleep to the gym 2. I don't want to start a book I have around here because I've got some coming from the library I want to read AND unlike my husband I don't like to read 5 books at a time. I suppose I could be putting away all the Christmas decorations that are hanging out in my living room. I could go start on my laundry for the day-NAH. I can't make any of the phone calls on my TO DO list because it's too early in the morning. There are several other, (MUCH MORE EXCITING) events I could be blogging about but I don't feel like uploading pictures at the moment. I need to put a zipper in the Ariel dress (DARN DRESS! I will have to tell that story later!) I made Emily for Christmas because I "just didn't get that far" and had to just sew up the back of the dress....the shoulder seams are now ripping from her forcing it over her shoulders (Yeah...not a happy mama). BUT, it might wake Carter up and I can't have that because I need to go get my other two children out of bed and get them ready for school.

So.......here I sit :)

6 comments:

crazy lady said...

Ahhh... I know the feeling only TOO well. I haven't even made it far enough to just make a written blog entry though. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Sometimes when it's like that, it's too overwhelming to even begin to start anything. Then when you do figure out what you want to do - there isn't the time...:0) (The word verification for this is "exersi" I'm taking it as a sign that I don't need to exercise - si?)

michandler said...

Ditto what Crazy says...I can always find an excuse not to do housework and blogging is always a great excuse. Frankly I'm impressed that you were blogging so early in the morning. I don't like to get up and do anything!

wallymom said...

What are you doing up that early? Did you just wake up because I never just wake up that early. I, like you, have put off all housework and the blog to because i think i am pretty much brain dead now. I'm not sure when I will recover

The Ball Babies said...

Ohhh, I Loooove those sitting moments! Especially when it's in front of a computer screen catching up on all the blogs... By the way, thanks for catching us up, Jo! Love your new look! I'm too scared to do anything to mine 'cuz I screwed it up and obsessed about it until Alyssa came home from IF and fixed it in under 2 minutes...

Lost Woman said...

I can manage to put of things for WEEKS at a time. Your justifications seem perfectly sound to me, and well written to boot.
I'm currently avoiding my syllabi that are due today.....the day is not over until midnight???

Erica said...

i LOVE the new backdrop...sitting sounds like it's well deserved. next time, sit longer.