He had his FIRST piano recital. He played very good and we were so proud.
He got baptized.
Had 2 birthday parties this year. A family one and.........
a party with his friends. We went to a local bowling alley. He thought it was great when his face appeared on the scoreboard. It was a fun day for him. Fun for me because it wasn't at my house :)
Carter hanging out with the boys.
Alec bowled a STRIKE on his first roll.....it was a good sign for a good time.
He is now a cub scout! Alec thought this day would never come after watching all his buddies from church turn 8, get baptized, and then get to go to scouts. I hope he enjoys it for a long time.CARTER
Sometime inbetween Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, Carter started to walk (run?). It's all a blur....mostly denial on my part! He loves chasing the other two monkeys around the house.
Lately, he is very insistent that he be part of EVERYTHING! We were having a movie night; Emily and Alec were eating popcorn on blankets in the family room while watching the movie. Carter went over to the plastic drawer, got a bowl, and came and sat on the blankets. Then he proceeded to squawk until there was something in his bowl to eat.....CHEERIOS :)
He's loved the lid on our garbage can for a while now. He will hit it as hard as he can and watch it go around and around. Well....now the game has changed a bit. Now he likes to put things in the garbage and gets mad when he can't get them out. WHO KNOWS WHAT IMPORTANT ITEM HAS LEFT OUR HOUSE BY WAY OF TRASH BAG! Aaron now makes it a habit to go through the trash before he takes it all the way out. These are items we have rescued: his bottle, a toy car, T.V. remote, my Tupperware, books, shoes, car/house keys
Take your eyes off the throne in the back and check out what is on Carter's feet. SHOES! He will finally keep them on. Actually, he's now a bit obsessed with shoes. It all happened the day I took him to the JCPenney clearance sale. It was love at first sight....not kidding! He grabbed them as we strolled by and I let him hold them because they were keeping him quiet. When I took them away he lost it.....I was a good mom, though....I gave in and bought them right away :)
Emily loves playing with her ice-cream/ bakery toy she got for Christmas. Lucky me, I get to eat these deicious treats most days :) Fluffy cakes, crazy cookies, and MY FAVORITE....sunshine ice cream. Have you ever tasted sunshine? Sure you have. Emily says, "It tastes like when you first walk out in the morning" YUM!
SERENITY GIVE ME! I have no idea what Emily was doing, but it was a matter of having my camera in the right place at the right time! She stayed like this for a good 10- 15 minutes. I guess having 2 brothers has finally gotten to her. If I ever find her like this again, instead of taking a picture...I think I'll join her :)
Sometime inbetween Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, Carter started to walk (run?). It's all a blur....mostly denial on my part! He loves chasing the other two monkeys around the house.
Lately, he is very insistent that he be part of EVERYTHING! We were having a movie night; Emily and Alec were eating popcorn on blankets in the family room while watching the movie. Carter went over to the plastic drawer, got a bowl, and came and sat on the blankets. Then he proceeded to squawk until there was something in his bowl to eat.....CHEERIOS :)
He's loved the lid on our garbage can for a while now. He will hit it as hard as he can and watch it go around and around. Well....now the game has changed a bit. Now he likes to put things in the garbage and gets mad when he can't get them out. WHO KNOWS WHAT IMPORTANT ITEM HAS LEFT OUR HOUSE BY WAY OF TRASH BAG! Aaron now makes it a habit to go through the trash before he takes it all the way out. These are items we have rescued: his bottle, a toy car, T.V. remote, my Tupperware, books, shoes, car/house keys
Take your eyes off the throne in the back and check out what is on Carter's feet. SHOES! He will finally keep them on. Actually, he's now a bit obsessed with shoes. It all happened the day I took him to the JCPenney clearance sale. It was love at first sight....not kidding! He grabbed them as we strolled by and I let him hold them because they were keeping him quiet. When I took them away he lost it.....I was a good mom, though....I gave in and bought them right away :)We put them on and it seems like he hasn't taken them off, since! It's the first thing he has me do in the morning...hence the picture of Carter wearing his pajamas AND shoes!
EMMY
Emily loves playing with her ice-cream/ bakery toy she got for Christmas. Lucky me, I get to eat these deicious treats most days :) Fluffy cakes, crazy cookies, and MY FAVORITE....sunshine ice cream. Have you ever tasted sunshine? Sure you have. Emily says, "It tastes like when you first walk out in the morning" YUM!
SERENITY GIVE ME! I have no idea what Emily was doing, but it was a matter of having my camera in the right place at the right time! She stayed like this for a good 10- 15 minutes. I guess having 2 brothers has finally gotten to her. If I ever find her like this again, instead of taking a picture...I think I'll join her :)

6 comments:
What sweet kids! We are just going to miss these days, I am so glad you captured these good times!
Great pictures. Fun times for all. Big times for Alec. Turning 8 is a milestone in so many ways. Carter is getting so big and grown up. Love the shoe obsession. We all could use a little meditation time to clear our minds. How amazing Emily did that for such a long time. Great concentration! Thanks for sharing the pix!
What a great entry!
Shoes, meditation, scouts, bowling, ice cream... it just doesn't get any better!
Your kids are soo handsome!
Oh, I'm glad to see you had time to post some cute stuff! I always love your commentary! I cannot believe your baby is walking. Where have I been? I saw his cute suit but not him walking in it! Time has flown!
So many first for Alec! It's crazy. And what happend to your baby? He is so big and walking! We need to see you. Love Emmy's zen. Wish I could find that quiet place.
Ahhh, the good life. You've got it all. What a fun post and amazing how fast those kiddies change and grow. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment