April 4, 2009

Stuffed

One would think I didn't have anything to blog about given my recent absence...not true. We've been busy the last six weeks and finding the time to sit down and do a decent blog has been nearly impossible. In fact, I feel like the last six weeks have been a whirlwind. "What day is it", I asked myself yesterday and I discovered it was already APRIL 3! Wasn't it just Valentine's Day a couple weeks ago....apparently not. What have we been up to? Probably not much more than the rest of you.....STUFF! Isn't it crazy how all that STUFF fills up our days, our weeks, our months, our years! What STUFF have we been doing? Rather than bore you with all the STUFF, I'll pick some highlights. I have pictures of some of it. The rest of it is not picture worthy OR I forgot the camera OR I just didn't feel like taking pictures ( I know....hard to actually believe...but true). Here's some STUFF we've been up to........

Carter turned 1 year old. Here you have Carter with all his new toys, monster jacket and ginormous birthday card. My baby and I on his first birthday...I look happy...but I kind of wanted to cry!


Field Trips Yes...it is that time of year. I don't have any pictures for this one but just know I have spent some time field tripping...plenty of time field tripping. One in which my own son got lost! Isn't that one of the reasons I go...to keep track of my own?! Well, he got on the wrong bus. Once found, his lovely teacher asked me if I wanted to do the tongue lashing or if I wanted her to....I let her do it while I watched...I figured she wouldn't do anything that would put her in jail.
Seusical the Musical We have season tickets to Idaho Musical Theatre and Seusical the Musical was the first one on the list :) Alec and Emmy really enjoyed it! We did all kinds of stuff for Dr. Seuss's birthday this year...no pictures, though.. It would have made a very cute post..Oh, well.
Recertification Classes My mom came on March 8th to help while I took 4 credits of recertification classes. I have to take 6 credits every 5 years to keep my teaching certificate. The classes went for a week. I would leave at 6:30 am and not get home until 4:00 pm. Then I was supposed to do homework...HA! What a change for our family!!! Carter and Grandma made some memories :) Overall, it was a good experience. I enjoy learning and getting back in touch with teaching. But who am I kidding...I just needed the credits! 1 more credit to go!

School Programs Alec had his spring music program. Grandma was here and got to attend...that was a treat because Grandma's and Grandpa's aren't usual here for that kind of STUFF. The theme was "Let's be GREEN"...recycling, taking care of the earth, etc. It was very cute. Alec is the one wearing a green shirt..HA!


Our 11th Anniversary Once again, Grandma was here and saved the day! We left the kids with mom and went out to dinner. We went to the Olive Garden on our honeymoon and so we tend to go back there for this occasion. This year, however, admist all the STUFF, we hadn't discussed where we were going to eat. Aaron just pulled up to the Olive Garden. Knowing he would rather eat at Casa Mexico...I know he loves me. We split a "Tour of Italy"...sounds so romantic.....here's to another 11th years!!!! Aaron: Thanks for all your help getting through the STUFF...I LOVE YOU! :)
Garbage Picker Upper Emily has launched her own garbage picking up program....bless her little heart. All this talk about being green has scared her into thinking the earth is wasting away! She frantically picks up trash while on our walks. I've started making her wear gloves, though. You don't know who has touched those beer cans!

Spring Break Mom finally made it home (2 weeks later) when we drove down to Utah for Spring Break. This picture pretty much sums up our Spring Break.....cold.

Carter was "crowned" as we stopped for lunch on the way down....it is seriously one of my children's highlights
We started our break by visiting THE LIVING PLANET AQUARIUM ( I forgot the camera and missed some very cool pictures!) We saw sharks, star fish, octopus, all kinds of sea life. Alec and Emmy touched sting rays, star fish, and urchins. Uncle Jess and Grandma came with us and we enjoyed it A LOT! Now they want to go to Sea World...so do I!
Carter went down to the animals for the first time. He loved the horses and cows....he would make their sounds over and over.....very cute!


Alec and Emmy also enjoy hanging out with Grandpa down at the animals. They watched Dad and Jess brand some cows...I don't have pictures because I've seen it before and didn't need to go see it again :) They thought it was fun, though! Emmy spent a lot of time "ranching" with Grandpa this trip...it was good for them...maybe the trips for ice cream inspired some of the helping :) She infomed me she needs some boots and a hat. "Is there such things as pink cowgirl boots and hats?", she asked me the other day. I can only imagine the visions she has of herself saddled up on the horse wearing her pink attire!
Now we are home and off to do more STUFF!

THE END

7 comments:

michandler said...

You bet there are pink cowboy boots and hats! Maybe she can wear them when she is picking up garbage. Go Emily! Sounds like you have been busy but it's all good STUFF. It's nice that your mom can come help out like that I am positive she enjoys it too.

michandler said...

You said you were looking for someplace to visit. You are welcome to come to Seattle anytime and have a place to stay. There are LOTS of really cool things up here--close by--that your kids would totally love. Anytime!

wallymom said...

Looks like fun and busy. You are smart to keep your certification. I let mine go and next year I need to look at going back to get it.

Lost Woman said...

Whew!
I'm tired just reading it! You have had a whirlwind few weeks.
It is sweet that Emily picks up garbage and wants some pink cowgirl attire. Unique qualities.. in a good way.

Carter is a little rosie cheeked charmer. He has the same chappy cheeks I remember from photos of Crazy and Grandpa Gordon.

crazy lady said...

Sheesh! That IS a lot of STUFF! I hear you loud and clear on the recertification. I "think" I took my last EVER class for recertification! That's right once again I'm OFFICIALLY old. I've got to say it is nice knowing that I don't "have" to take any classes unless I "want" to.
Love the pics of the kids. They are growing and changing so fast. Time does fly. I was thinking that it was just Christmas last week not Valentines...
Glad to see you back. You always post such fun stuff.

Erica said...

happy anniversary! really 11 years!?!?!

The Ball Babies said...

Wow, I loved that post! You have been a busy girl! Thanks for sharing, but you need to remember your camera more often... I'm just sayin'... heehee Love ya!