I've never had a climber before! Alec was a mover; Emmy a watcher. Carter is a climber and, I swear, has an internal goal to reach the highest point in which he can get in any given room.
Prior to taking this picture, he was standing and reaching up for the light. I think he was planning on hanging from it, swinging wildly and then catapulting across the room....those were the flashes I had in my mind before making him sit down. Then, like all good mothers....I grabbed my camera. Some things to notice in this picture: 1) The chair that is slightly pulled out from the table....how do you stop a kid from doing that? 2) The garbage can that now has a permanent home on top of the counter....measures we've taken in order to keep most of our possessions from sneaking out the door 3) The look on the little rascal's face...he knows exactly what he's done.
His method to see better out the window....Now, in all honesty, his chair really isn't that heavy. However..... 
His method to see better out the window....Now, in all honesty, his chair really isn't that heavy. However..... 
I think we're going to start calling him BAMBAM or perhaps Hercules! I left the room for 5 seconds and he had my stools moved over to the other side of the kitchen. The little boy seems to always be showing us that he is strong. He will turn my ottoman over in nothing flat...grunt..and then flip it back over. SCARY!
Notice how the chair isn't stopping him anymore from getting into my cupboard and spreading joy everywhere!!! He loves cornstarch...He will sit and press it between his fingers....you know how it's kind of crunchy...we've had lots of fun with cornstarch :)
I can blame this one on Emily. She's always leaving crayons out....it is a given I will be scrubbing crayons off of something very soon. Is there anything more scary than a 14 month old with a fist full of crayons? Not much.....and the look on his sweet, little innocent face....Moi? YES, YOU!Now...just imagine what I haven't even caught on camera! YUP..not much going on around here...I'm so bored! Maybe I'll start a sewing project...it can only take 5 seconds, though ;)

5 comments:
Oh My GOSH! Those pics are priceless! The look on his face, over and over. HILARIOUS! Yeah, he KNOWS exactly what he's doing and loving every minute of it. Ahhh...now to channel all that BamBam strength and energy. And you've got 5 seconds to get it done! Good luck!
He's got a future in furniture moving, cornmeal cooking and modeling I'd say.
Isn't motherhood fun?! Never a dull moment! I am glad you captured these. Time + Naughty Boys=Good laugh later. He sure is cute, thank goodness for him!:)
I can see how those leashes for toddlers were so popular for a while.
That last picture of Carter is so funny. The totally content and pleased with himself smile.
In truth though, I'm most impressed with the moving of all 4 chairs to the counter. This is a boy who thinks. No single spot access for him, no he'll have command of the entire counter thankyou very much.
I hope you get to sleep for more thank 5 seconds!!
So great that you thought to picture this. Frustrating now but good memories later. I personally hate bar stools. I have found mine all over the house.
Oh, Amy, you have your hands full with that little guy! He is such a cutie and such a boy! You can't turn your back on him for a minute, I'm sure! I remember when a friend of mine had to put all of her kitchen chairs on the table since her little boy would do the same thing as Carter! Too much fun!
Post a Comment