November 2, 2009

Hallo-WIN

This year, we had a winning Halloween!!!
On a crazy, spontaneous wim, I decided to enter Emily in a costume contest and
she ended up winning first place dressed as "Fifi" the French Poodle!!! Amazing what one can do with a little help from Family Fun (the magazine) some bath sponges and socks!!! She won a
giant carmel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company and some other
yummy treats from Harry and David!
Oui! Oui! Fifi




Carter was the first of my children to actually wear his costume at this age and
totally embraced Halloween....Giddyup.....Carter wins!

Alec's only request was a black cloak so he could dress up as "Will" a character from the Ranger's Apprentice books....think Lord of the Rings. I can do that....Alec wins!

We were lucky to have a Grandma and Grandpa that dressed up and
joined in the fun...we all win!!!

And, of course, lots of candy to top of the night.......


Happy Hallo-WIN!

5 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Oh Fifi is very clever. It seems her mom should have gotten her own apple!
Did she do tricks?

The kids all look like they had a blast.
I swear every boy hits the "black cloak" stage just like every girl will choose the princess thing at some point.

All that candy is always a win win in the kids eyes.
Thanks for sharing the pics!

michandler said...

Gotta love Family Fun especially at the age your kids are at. It is always full of great ideas from Halloween costumes to birthday cakes! Congrats to Emily, er Fifi on her much deserved win. A great Halloween for the Boise Vadens!

crazy lady said...

That DOES look like a win-win-win all around. FUN!! Maybe Carter was just trying to tell you that deep down he IS a cowboy. I remember only too well the kids laying out their loot. Ahh... good times indeed.

The Ball Babies said...

That is probably the cutest costume I've ever seen! Thank goodness for Family Fun! We have used that magazine for the directions to making a sandwich costume and a bubblebath costume, but I think Fifi takes the cake!

wallymom said...

All awesome costumes. We may have to do that Fifi next year. Isn't it nice when we all win?