Future ballroom dance team?
Ummmm....probably NOT!
This summer, we've been leaving the house in the morning at 8:30 sharp to go to swim team. This is Alec's and Emily's first year participating in swim team and it has been so good for them! Despite the cold temperatures most of June, they have enjoyed getting up and swimming in the mornings and have had fun trying to beat their times at the meets....they both really like being on the relay teams. I didn't get very good pictures, but some are better than none :)
Carter and I hung out....I read some books, crocheted a bag and made some fun friends. Carter also had to bring a towel and was such a good sport
about going every morning!
The first meet was held outside and it was COLD! They used their towels like blankets. Emily was funny when she found out her team wore green.....
"Well, I'm still going to wear my pink goggles!"
Some last words from coach Sophie: "You've got this one, Emily!"
Alec getting ready to start...."Hey Nate, lets show'em how this is done!"
Carter found all kinds of ways to entertain himself at the meets!
Emily getting ready...she dangles her toe in the water sometimes when she is getting ready....I thought it was so cute :)
Here she goes!
The girl swims a mean butterfly!
Alec being cheered on by his coaches while he swims his favorite stroke...
the breast stroke. His best time was in backstroke, though.
Overall, a good experience for everyone involved :) Alec told me on the ride home from his last meet "I feel like I've accomplished something."
That made a mom's heart feel good :)
I'm so happy for both of you....you both did a terrific job...way to go!
I'm so proud of you!
***Note to self***
Next year while lounging at the pool.....TAKE YOUR SANDALS OFF...geez.














2 comments:
How great! I can't swim the breaststroke, the butterfly and barely manage a backstroke and dogpaddle. Good for y'all! The look like some fast swimmers!
Personally I LIKE the sandal lines. It shows you've at least been out of the house!
Love swim team and the goggle pictures.
Post a Comment