July 25, 2010

This one's for you!

     Well....the eaglets have landed!  After spending a very fun week with their Aunt Becky who flew in on Monday and something we will refer to as "the black bag incident"....my three children are in Utah.  They flew home with Becky on Friday and I was going to take a very cute picture of them together but we had "the black bag incident" and so the only picture I have is in my head.  All four of them holding hands as they left security to go down to gate #13....*sigh*.  They had a blast celebrating the 24th of July or "Pioneer Day" on Saturday as only one can in Utah and are enjoying their time at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

     As I promised Emily, here is how I spent my Pioneer Day....


     Dad and I went to the 8th street market.  However, it just wasn't the same without the three of you!  We didn't get any miniture donuts because we didn't have anyone to help us eat them, there were no soaked children to cool me off after playing in the fountain, no cool art projects to bring home, and no one with whom to smell the lavendar :(
     We did see this adorable poodle and I thought of you when it came by and how you would have gone absolutely CRAZY!!!   I took a picture just for you! 
Here is what we bought.....plus a lemonade.
                                                    The usual.

I sure miss you!  I will see you when I drive down on Wednesday...I guess I'll be doing a concert on my own...I'll sing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" extra loud for you!
Love, Mom

2 comments:

crazy lady said...

How exciting for them to fly! My first flight was when I was a senior in high school. Looks like you found something to keep you busy with them gone.

crazy lady said...

Ahh Aaron! It would indeed appear that we are stalking you - just one year later. How far is it to the Sawtooth Lake? Altitude etc? So I can begin to plan for next year!
Hope you'll post photos from this year's adventures so I can get a sneak preview :0)