Well...here we are day #3. This is as ordinary as it gets people!
Break It Down......
Eating breakfast....Where is Alec?
He has already been down and is gone...He beats everyone down the stairs...he can't sleep in.
Lunches, binders, vitamins....everything piled up that needs to go out the door.
Good-bye Aaron have a great day!
I made this kiss extra special for the camera and Alec who was taking the photo ;)
Walking to the bus and petting Duke.
Off they go on Bob's bus!
Then I come back, eat my breakfast and then.....
Beautiful....now I can start my day off right :)
Put dishes away.
Today I needed to go to JoAnn's and pick up some stuff for something I want to make Carter for his Birthday, which is about a week away. I also wanted to go to the gym. I also only wanted to go out the door once today...lol!
So....I had some time before JoAnn's opened. Time to pick up my house.
Made my bed.
Wiped my bathrooms down..."wiped" being the key word...not scrubbed.
The bathrooms get scrubbed on Saturdays by my children because....they are the ones who make them dirty...lol!
Every bathroom has some multi-purpose cleaner and paper towels in it which makes it easy to just grab and do a quick wipe down. I can have all 3 bathrooms done in 10 minutes.
What you can't see in the picture very well is all the toothpaste in the sink, water splats on the mirror, yucky stuff on the toilet, etc.
A few minutes later......
Then...off to JoAnn's....this store makes me happy :)
I got what I needed for Carter's gift and then I found a wreath on clearance for $3....I think it is just what I've been waiting for....we'll see when I get it home!
Then...off to the gym! I love going to the gym on Wednesdays because I'm really not on any time restraints. Well...Carter can only stay in the KIDS CLUB for 2 hours....but that is plenty of time!
So I did about 45 minutes on the treadmill, really focused and took my time with weights and then reeeeeeaaaaalllllllly took my time with stretching....aaaaahhhh...feels so good! And that is why I try to make an effort to get there....it isn't about looking like Barbie, obviously...lol! I just feel better physically and emotionally when I go to the gym consistenly.
Carter likes KIDS CLUB. He can go and play with other kids and he really likes when they have little projects for him to do. Sometimes when I go pick him up he has just started something and we have a break down because he wants to finish it at KIDS CLUB...so he sends me back out the door....I go do more stretching...lol!
Hanging up his coat....he's growing up!
Projects completed today....A walrus and a polar bear...
he's getting tired of me taking pictures of him....lol!
Back at home. I've had this mirror/frames for a long time but I still love it! I have it above my couch now and instead of family portraits...I've put some pictures of birds...I know...where did I come up with that idea !? ;) At Christmas Time, I had a wreath hanging on the mirror and decided I really liked that and I've been on the hunt for the perfect wreath ever since...I think I found it....A FEATHER WREATH!!!!
Some questions though....
They have a bigger one, should I go get the bigger one?
I tried it in the middle and I think I like it better placed there?
Let me know your what you think, PLEASE, pretty PLEASE!
Kinda fun...adds some different texture to the room......
Now it's time to get down to business....putting away 30 lbs. of meat in the freezer.
How Carter occupied himself...not sure...I think it was a lake with crazy alligators in it....lol!
Then the kids came home from school and we did homework,
practied the trumpet...yadda, yadda, yadda..
Dinner tonight.....Quesadillas and Pineapple.
After dinner....Aaron and Alec go to scouts...Aaron is Alec's Scout Leader!
Wednesdays are the days Emily and I have set aside for her to do piano. Yes...I teach her...I know it sounds crazy but it is easier than running her to a lesson. She took from a young girl a year ago and then she went off to college and we decided we would try to just have me teach her. It didn't go very well so we stopped...that is a struggle I refuse to have with her. I explained to Emily that we can't do (or pay!) for everything she would like to do so she had to choose between piano and ballet....she chose ballet. Then, at the beginning of this school year, Emily came to me and told me she wanted to start up piano again and she understood that she needed to be more patient (she knows I will walk out of the room...lol!) and it really has been fine ever since.
However, Carter thinks he has to be in the room and he can be VERY disruptive. So...he knows if he is going to stay in the room for Emmy's lesson, he has to sit sill in the chair and not make a sound.
It lasts for maybe 5 minutes and then he's upstairs playing.....funny boy!
That's it...my ordinary Wednesday!
Once the boys were back from scouts we did our bedtime thing and went to bed...well, everyone else did....I'm off to go work on Carter's Birthday Surprise.
Good-Night!

























3 comments:
Look how much you get done in a day. My husband always wonders what I do all day. Of coarse I don't think I do as much as you do!
Oh if ONLY I were like Alec and couldn't sleep in!
OR.. if ONLY I were like you and wiped down my bathrooms in 10 minutes, and made my bed, and worked out at the gym, and had clean dishes to put away in the morning.
I love seeing your ordinary days.. honest.
But really Missy, you get it done! (with your organized stacks on the breakfast table.)
For what it's worth... I think the feather wreath is out of proportion. Bigger please.
First of all, where did you get 30 pounds of meat? I want! Second, I love the feather wreath but I think bigger would look amazing on that cute mirror. Just my opinion but I like really big wreaths. You are so fun to read about! Keep 'em comin' Amy!
Post a Comment