February 5, 2012

Ordinary Day #6 and #7...Challenge Complete

I'm so sick of blogging....lol!
I'm so sick of taking pictures of everything,  which explains the lack of pictures on these lasy 2 days....lol!
But....I'm all but done with my "Ordinary Day Challenge" and I intend to finish :)
SATURDAY
Aaron and Alec were up bright and early to hit the slopes at Bogus.
While they were skiing until around 3:00ish...I worked on picking up my house with Emily and Carter.
This is what I refer to as "Vaden Central"...it is the hub of our home and it needed some serious work....while I watched missed episodes of "Downton Abbey", of course.
 When Aaron and Alec returned, I ran some very important errands like getting the bigger wreath for my mirror.

Much bigger.  Much better.  Much love.
Ran to Fred Meyer for some groceries and then hit the gym.
 While I was snapping pictures I thought I would
 show something I had pinned on Pinterest and actually completed...we need a place to put our shoes by the back door and I loved how the rocks looked.......it also needs to be bigger...I'm working on it.
 Saturday usually means PIZZA!!!  Makes everyone happy!
 We decided on Chili for the next day and so I started sorting my beans...a friend (and the friend will remain nameless) and I once had a debate about whether you had to sort your beans or not.  OF COURSE you have to sort your beans...see those three rocks I found...once again, I stand behind my opionion....SORT YOUR BEANS! 
My grandma's mother did, my grandma did, my mom does...and so do I :)
 Emily wanted curly hair for church.

Finished up the day watching a movie with Aaron...I love watching movies with Aaron!  Makes me feel like we're back to our dating days or when we were first married and that's all we could afford....a cheap movie and some microwave popcorn...lol!  Living on Love......

We FINALLY watched "True Grit"....we're always about a year behind on the movie scene...lol!

SUNDAY
Sunday.  Hmmmm...what to say.
We have the 1:00 church so I spend the morning getting dinner together so we can eat without too much delay when we get home, my family together and there's this thing called Primary....it is my responsibility to make sure it happens every.single.Sunday.  I love Primary!
I made bread bowls to go with the Chili today....it's a special day for
those who watch football on Sunday ;)

We had FHE.  Alec did the lesson this week on the Widow's Mite.
I'm putting a plug in for this book......it saves our FHE life!
There you have it...My Ordinary Days. 
I hope I captured it well enough to enjoy a few years from now!
I think I'm headed back to my old ways, though.....
Blogging whenever I feel like it :)

5 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Well I enjoyed the "challenge".

The bigger wreath looks better. Need to see it with the stuff on the side as well to be sure though. (:

I thought Emily had naturally curly hair?
The hair curling picture is a fav though.

Enjoy your time off blogging... but I do hope you feel like it again before too long.

The Desiree said...

That was the best! When I feel motivated I am so coping that idea. Your family is so cute and fun.

The Ball Babies said...

I LOVE the wreath! Bigger is definitely better and it looks adorable!

You've definitely made me smile these past few days!

Allison Petersen said...

You are Awesome!! Love the Wreath! I love the balance you manage for yourself and your family, motivating for Sure!! You really have the cutest little family, I LOVE IT!!

crazy lady said...

WOW! I hadn't had time to check any blogs of late and well, WOW!
That was fun!
You are the bomb!