February 3, 2012

Ordinary Day #5

It's Friday!!!! 
I get so excited for Fridays.....and the weekend.

This Friday was a little weird, though....you'll see.

Today started out like most Fridays do.....
I paid the bills and got the money squared away
(then I know how much we have to spend this weekend...lol!)

 Skyped with Ashley and Trey....love 'em!


Then I was getting ready to head to the gym when Aaron called with this news:

Micron is the company for which Aaron works and this hit really close to home today.
Why is it when a tragedy happens,  I want to just gather my family around me...I wanted Aaron to come home from work and go get my kids from school....just make sure we are all okay!
My thoughts being with his wife and children throughout the day.

So...this kinda followed me all day long.

This is Carter getting ready to go outside.  See the twisted pants.  Also, the cowboy boots are a great choice with the sport pants...excellent taste.
I'm trying to get him to dress himself...he doesn't like to...much easier to just let mom do it...but it is time.
 Carter spent a fair amount of time outside today...it wasn't that cold and the sun was shining.
Thought about walking down to the river but I didn't.
 I put out some of my "sample" from the bird store.

I love when my kids get home on Friday...it feels so good to just relax!
They usually head for the TV or the Wii....I usually read, sew...take a nap...whatever.
Today, my sister, Becky, called and it was so nice to talk with her!  She is so busy teaching school this year we hardly get to chat.  So, when she calls I listen and enjoy every second of it!  She cracks me up....good to catch up with her.  She never reads my blog, though....tsk! tsk!

Today, Aaron came home from work a bit early to take Emmy night skiing.
She stole my date!
So...it's me and the boys tonight.
For dinner, we are having "clean out the fridge night"or in other words...leftovers.
Alec wanted the chicken/potatoes and Carter wanted the Quesadillas....I had yogurt and oatmeal.
Now I'm working on this post which is almost done and then I'll probably end up playing a game or watching a movie with the boys....waiting for Aaron and Emmy to arrive home safely.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Your sisters little one is soo cute!

I heard about the Micron plane crash.
That does hit awfully close to home. He seems to have been a real risk taker. A shock to the community, but I'm thinking of the family too.

I didn't think there was enough snow anywhere to ski, but looks like there is somewhere.
Hope you got that nap, or some time in with a good book.
That was one fun, busy week.

Ashley said...

I bet Emily had fun with Aaron. Always nice to be home with the boys and have fun!

wallymom said...

I loved reading about your ordinary days. You are busy and what a fun mom you are.

wallymom said...

By the way, i also love Castle and can't wait for tomorrow's gangster style.