February 2, 2012

Ordinary Day #4

HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY!!!
Punxsutawney Phil delivered the news I wanted to hear....we need more winter...preferably with snow!

Got some ugliness going on today.....
 Today we are going to be away from the house quite a bit so I needed to do a crock pot dinner
Chicken and Vegetables.  I love to do this one because I just make a good chicken stock while I'm at it and then next week we'll have some Chicken Noodle Soup.....yum!
 Today is storytime at the Library....

 Here is the book we'll be reading today!  I got word of this "Downton Abbey" show everyone was watching so I got caught up with it on Netflix....it's good people...I never watch PBS but this is good stuff.  Anyway...last week I stumbled upon this book "Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey".  Apparently, it is where the show comes from....I'm so intrigued....can't wait to get started......
 OH, did you think it was storytime for Carter !?!

Well....it mostly is...lol! 
See that good mom sitting down there getting involved with the children. 
Good for her!  That used to be me a couple children ago and I would wonder what is wrong with the other moms who come and sit waaaaay in the back and read.  NEVER say NEVER!
Also, I want Carter to get used to sitting and listening and not having me right there by him....
He does really good...he answers questions...it's so cute.... I love it.
 Today he learned about shoes....they get a stamp on their hand at the end...this lady must have hundreds of stamps!
 He chooses a couple books...today they are Valentine Books.
 Carter wanted me to take a picture of the dragon that is in the Children's section.
They dress him up for all kinds of occasion...looks like right now it is the Chinese New Year...
It's his year!
 Carter can check out his own books.
Then we're off to do some shopping....
Thought I'd go here to look for Carter's Birthday stuff....

He found the St. Patrick's Day hats...heehee!





Then we got down to business.....this is what I bought.  Any ideas what his party theme is going to be???  It's going to be "Super" fun.....
Boise now has one of these.......Yes.It.Does....and it is calling my name today!

 Apothecary jars were 50% off today!!!!!  I've been wanting one of these.
Some of them can get soooooo huge and interesting...I love them.
The lady at the store told me "they" just put garlands inside of them
and that is the easiest way to fill them up.....the garland she suggested was $17.99.
Okay....thanks for your help but I think I got this one!
I remembered these strings of beads I bought a couple years ago when we had Valentine's at the cabin...I was going to string them everywhere...It didn't work...lol!
But...I think they are going to work today!  I stopped off at JoAnn's on my way home and got some stuff that was on sale, too.
Sooo.....
String of beads.....$.25
Valentine Hearts.......$3
Pink Tulle.....$1.50 ( I used a coupon)
Total to fill my jar:  $4.75.....NOT $17.99

Drum Roll......
I like it better than the garland would have looked!!!

So, then I just decided to keep going with the Valentine Decor.
 I'll get some conversation hearts for the candy dish next time I go to the store.
I found these vintage looking valentines at Border's last year and I LOVE THEM!
I clip them to the garland across my mirror.
 Kissing bears....they really sound like they are kissing....
Thank You, Ashley....we get them out every year!
 Our Valentine Books......
 Got these stuff on clearance last year..I've been looking foward to do doing
a "Puppy Love" party this year...it's gonna be fun.
We are ready for the day of LOVE!

Carter and I read the "Legend of the Groundhog" and did a project.
 Then we went outside to play with our shadows and wait for
Alec and Emmy to get off the bus....what a nice day!
Carter told me "I'm not afraid of my shadow!"


When the kids got home, it was off to swimming.  Today we are doing a make up lesson after our "real"lesson from when I had my "To Heck with It" moment and went to Utah for a week (I say heck because I'm from Utah...lol!)  which means we will stay until 5:30 tonight....ugh.

So...that was my day.  We came home and ate dinner that was waiting in the crock pot...LOVE THAT!, homework and bedtime.

Then I spent some more time with Lady Almina....heehee.
Good Night!


5 comments:

The Desiree said...

I got addicted to Downton Abby the first season and had to wait a whole year for this season! I love it, but then again I love PBS! I need that book.
Love your valentine stuff!

jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jo said...

Desiree-I will mail you the book when I'm done if you want...so far, it's good.

Lost Woman said...

Also a longtime Downton Abbey Fan. Julienne Fellows is a great writer. Was a fan of his years back in the move 'Gosford Park" (which is R rated fyi)

Anyway, I too am jealous of the book. I'll wait to hear your report.
I'm all over PBS though, and can't quite figure out why other series (which were just as good in my book) were not the rage that Downton is. Strange these fads.

Carter is the perfect one to model all those hats!

Ashley said...

Happy Valentines Day at your house. love the decor! Carter will have a great birthday party wish we could be there :(