December 23, 2012

Consider This.....

     If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times....
 
"Carter is THE SWEETEST boy you'll ever meet".
 
We were busy decking our halls and getting Christmas up before the baby was born.  To say I was exhausted, tired and grumpy is an understatement.  So when Carter asked me this quesiton while we were hanging up our stockings.... "Where is the baby's stocking?" I told him I didn't feel like going to the store and getting her one.... I bet Grandma will have one for her next year," I said trying to satisfy his questioning.  Then I watched Carter dart out of the room and up the stairs.  Before I knew it, Carter was back and was climbing on the couch....hanging a little stocking he had gotten last year from his primary teacher on the empty hook.  I don't know where he's had it all year long...I haven't seen it since last Christmas.  But he knew right where it was and had no problem sharing with his new little sister. 
 
"There, now our baby has a stocking", he sweetly said.
 
I started crying.
It touched my heart to see him be so caring and thoughtful.
That little stocking really was hung with care.
 
 
What a lucky little girl.
She's going to have one of the sweetest big brothers in which a girl could have.
 
                                                  
In fact, Carter has really helped me feel the spirit of Christmas this year.
He has been so happy and joyful!   He has a present for everyone under the tree...he was so excited to "give" this year.  He really wanted to be the one to put the star on the tree.  It seems like he was always singing one of the Christmas songs he was learning at preschool.  It brought to my mind the scripture...except ye become as little children...
 
Carter showed me the way this Christmas and for that....I am grateful. 
 
 
 
             
I'm not sending out Christmas cards this year (GASP).  I let myself have this year off.
So...please consider this your Christmas card and know that we love you and hope you have felt the spirit of Christmas this year.
 
Merry Christmas!


 

4 comments:

michandler said...

Not only cute but incredibly sweet. What great little guy. Olivia will have an awesome big brother! And it is a great Christmas card. Some years it's just hard to muster the will--that's how it was for me last year. I only got them out this year because I didn't want people to drop me from their card lists because I love getting the cards from other people.

crazy lady said...

Ah man! That made me cry. What a sweet story. It IS amazing how our kids can help us feel things when we are least expecting it , and in ways that endure.
That post is WAY better than a card. And you have got the sweetest little family every.
Merry Christmas to you all!
love you'!

The Desiree said...

You have a Merry Christmas too. I think Carter is the cutest thing ever! I just wish he liked me more;)
I didn't send out cards the year I had Beckett either. It's just too much and you have to let some things go. On the scale of importance it's not even close to the top!

Lost Woman said...

That is a PERFECT card!
(I got teary too btw)

He is a sweetie for sure. But then all your kids are pretty cool, litte Miss Olivia will be in great company.

As for cards... well, you will find no criticism from me as I've never really sent them.

Hope everyone is happy with their stockings tomorrow!

Hugs