December 11, 2012

Last night, Alec and Emily tickled the ivories on a Steinway grand piano at their Winter Recital.
Grandpas and Grandmas never get to see this kind of stuff so I thought I would share.
 

 
 
Emily's favorite Disney Princess is Ariel from The Little Mermaid.  So, when her teacher suggested playing it Emily was excited.  Made practicing so much more fun :)
She did a fantastic Job!

 
Alec played "Phantom of the Opera" and "The Entertainer".  I would go in and listen to  him practice "Phantom" and Olivia would start kicking and doing flips...lol!  She liked that song, too.  He was so devoted to "Phantom" (he memorized the whole thing!) that he ran out of time to perfect the second half of "the Entertainer"   BUT...he plowed through!  He did super and got big applause from the audience.  Way to go, Alec!
 

6 comments:

wallymom said...

Wow! What talented kids you have. That was fun

Ashley said...

Yep, thats my niece and nephew! Love you guys! You did great!

michandler said...

That's awesome that they play! How fun. Spencer took piano for four years and he doesn't have much to show for it--mostly because he was playing by ear! He wasn't much of a practicer either. Way to go Em & Alec!

The Desiree said...

What talented kids you have. Or maybe they just have and awesome dedicated mamma. Very impressive!

crazy lady said...

I always loved the piano recitals. Kelsey still loves to play and it has been a wonderful skill, and talent. Those kiddos did a wonderful job!

Lost Woman said...

Such a great post!!
That baby is still so beautiful! Wow.
I'm guessing she likes Carters voice because she heard it in the womb the most after yours. It is proven that babies remember voice tones from the womb... AND he would have been right at belly level. Just saying.
(:

It looks like everyone is so happy to have her... hopefully it will give you time to catch your breath.

Love the videos of piano. I had no idea they were so far along. I still remember Alec tapping his foot along to music I had with videos at the first Redfish Family reunion. He had impeccable timing.

Thanks so much for sharing! Hope YOU are fabulous too!