June 1, 2008

Random

Just some random pictures of some happenings this week.....

Alec's class have been trying to hatch some ducklings.....they finally hatched! Emily, Carter, and I headed down to the school to see them. They are so cute! Plus, I needed to snap a picture of Alec with Mrs. Harshman. Alec has enjoyed being in her class so much this year. She lives out on a farm and has brought a lot of that element into her class. One weekend, she had to put one of her cows down...she explained the whole thing to the class and then proceded to bring out the parts of the cow! Now.... I know that sounds totally gross...but I think it's awesome! That night, Alec drew me a picture of a heart, four chambers and all, and wanted to make sure that I knew a "real heart" wasn't really shaped like a valentine heart. Like I said....awesome! She is priceless. We are going to miss having Mrs. H. as a teacher.
Now....I know what you're thinking....Why would Amy take a picture of her silverware drawer? Well......just look at it! After dinner one night, Emily asked if she could put away the silverware. This has been Alec's job for the last couple of years. I told her to go ahead. Later on that night, I went to grab a spoon and couldn't believe my eyes. I think I actually heard some angels singing! I'm used to everything going every which way....it's in the drawer and divided up... the job is done....but it has never looked like this! This is the difference between my son and my daughter....it's as simple as that. Emily is now in charge of the silverware drawer because Alec is getting big enough to move onto bigger and better things AND maybe I just like the looks of my silverware drawer when Emmy is in charge :)
Aaron took Alec and Emmy geo-cashing (I don't know how it's spelled and Aaron is asleep). They LOVE doing this. Next time, I'll have to send the camera or go along. As you can see, they found many treasures to add to their "beautiful junk" collectionThe highlight of the week for me was finding strawberries on sale....4 lbs. for $2.98...not too shabby :) They limited you to one. I interpreted that as one at a time...so I put my groceries in my van and went back in to get another one :) If my family wasn't so crazy about the little red fruit I wouldn't have to go to these measures. But they are... so I do!
And then there's sweet, little Carter. He just hangs out....literally! He is getting so big his swing can't hardly swing him. I love the way babies can sleep in the most uncomfortable looking positions and Carter is no exception. I'm loving having a baby around again!That's about it. I feel like how Carter looks....TIRED! Jess, Iris and Mom are coming tomorrow. Jess is picking up his car. It is now fixed after hitting a deer on their way to Boise for Carter's blessing. Mom is coming to help with the kiddos while I have my gall bladder removed on Thursday. We don't know when she is going home???? Maybe I'll hold her hostage until Carter is 2!

3 comments:

crazy lady said...

I think Miss Emily has found her calling. That drawer looks marvelous. Can she come a visit me? Sounds like Alec had a great teacher who really knows how to reach kids.
Carter seems to be a sweet gentle little guy. How fun!
I'm sorry to hear you have to have surgery, but I remember all too well how awful a gallbladder attack can be. Hopefully they will be using the scope and not making a major incision...
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Kristine said...

What fun "random" things! My Jo does the silverware drawer and I thought the same thing when she took over from Dallin--finally a separation of the large and small forks and spoons!!
I am sorry about your gallbladder--remember my cousin Katie Finch? She had her taken out last week and she can't believe the relief she feels! I hope it is the same for you! Good luck! SO glad that wonderful mother is coming to help you! I would love to see a picture of your family now! When you say Jess, I don't picture anybody but the 15-16 year old I knew!

michandler said...

Your silverware drawer is so much cleaner than mine! I loved the story about the teacher what an awesome way to teach science to kids. I guess I'll never know the that boy/girl difference. Oh well.
Spencer was my "hanging" boy. I have many pictures of him asleep in his "jumper" that hung from the doorway.
Hope your surgery goes easily and well.