The title pretty much sums it up! I had my surgery and everything went fine. I walked away with four little cuts and no gallbladder. Modern medicine is such a blessing.....they started my surgery at 10:00 am and I was back home sitting on my couch at 2:30 pm. Forty years ago, my Grandma Davis had her gallbladder out and she had an incision up her whole stomache and had to stay in the hospital for a week, with weeks of bed rest to follow! AMAZING. It is a relief to have it over with and done. I feel better with each day.
While I've been recovering, grandma has been on duty. She brought her smelly markers and Emily thinks these are the coolest things. They have sat and colored for hours.

Emmy really loves Grandma's smelly markers!

Grandma has also spent PLENTY of time with little Carter. I really couldn't lift him for the first few days. He wants to be wherever the other two are playing. So, we fixed him up in the corner. He also started cereal this week (haven't bought an "eating bib" yet, so he gets Emily's pink one I dug out)

Alec tends to do his own thing...he's always been good about occupying himself. He likes to help by entertaining Carter...... sometimes Carter doesn't want to be entertained :)

We went to a circus on Saturday. It felt good to get out of the house and focus on something else. Alec rode the elephant and Emmy rode a pony. Grandma and Carter stayed home. I guess he got purple face mad when he realized we had all left and it took a while for mom to get him calmed down. Guess he wanted to ride the elephant, too !?!?!?
Alec is wearing the yellow shirt.
I would say we're all hanging in there :) Especially Emily on the miniature pony....all the other children had huge smiles on their faces while Emmy seemed to be holding on for dear life...funny girl! Aaron had a good father's day. Actually, he was a spoiled boy! My mom made him her specialty and one of his favorites: Homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream! I never make pies. I am, however, very thankful for laparoscopic surgery and grandma's who bring their smelly markers.
6 comments:
hey lady. i'm so glad you're on the road to recovery. i read something about surgery blog posts a while ago...but wasn't sure what it was. XOXOXO
Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. It's so great that your mom could come and help out. I too love markers, well anything that lets you mess around with color. I'm not such a big fan of the smelly kind as they tend to give me a headache. It looks like Emily loves em!
Hope things continue to improve for you.
I'm so glad your surgery went well. It's so great your mom could come and stay. The circus looks fun. I want to ride the elephant. Carter is looking blonde to me in those pictures. Is it so?
Glad to hear your surgery went well. It IS so amazing what they can do now. Thank goodness for modern medicine! Sounds like grandma is a hit with everyone. Looks like the kids are having a good summer so far! Carter is getting so big!
I can't decide if he's going to be a strawberry blonde with blue eyes....taking after your dad OR if it's just the red that will be there with the dark hair... taking after his siblings????? He definately is lighter than Alec ever was.
Glad you are through with it and that your mom is there! She hasn't changed a bit!! Tell her she is aging very well for me would ya? I would love her to spend a few days around here too! My Jo would LOVE to color with markers with Emmy!
Post a Comment