August 10, 2008

I've Lost My Marbles!

Okay, Okay....I'll be the first to admit the title is not far from the truth, but those are NOT the marbles I'm talking about! I'm talking about real, genuine, glass marbles. I could tell Alec needed something new to occupy his time this week, so we went through his Dangerous Book for Boys book and decided to learn how to play marbles. There must be something instinctive about a little boy picking up a marble and knowing how to hold and shoot it! He has a really straight shot!!!! We learned how to play Ring Taw. I started out with 20 marbles and now have 5.....Alec now has my 15 marbles and there's only one way I'm getting them back! I'll have to play him for them! It's been fun to see him get into it ....I've heard him say to Emmy when she wanted my attention (she really didn't like playing marbles much), "We're playing marbles here!" It has been fun and I wish the game were more popular with kids his own age.....somehow it doesn't compare to the Wii! Oh well.... it's been fun while it's lasted and I'll keep losing my marbles as long as Alec wants to keep playing for them. Hopefully, these are the only kind of marbles he'll make me lose!!!
I can Hope!


Here's a personal "crazy" that happened this week:
The Boise School District called and offered me a teaching position for the upcoming school year! I didn't take it........but it still felt cool! Maybe I really have lost my marbles!

6 comments:

Lost Woman said...

better marbles than video games! I think that picture is great!

The Ball Babies said...

Wow, Amy! I didn't know you were looking for a job???!!! hehe. You should feel privileged that the school district that is so hard to get a job with called a lovely stay at home mom to come and work for them. It truly is their loss! We'll have to talk VERY SOON!

Do you just love the Dangerous Book for Boys? I think it's the coolest title!

crazy lady said...

Personally I just like looking at marbles. I've always loved the variety of colors and sizes. I never really knew how to play marbles and I'm pretty sure about the only place we would have had at the ranch to play would have been on the lino kitchen floor.
And let's not even go to losing marbles...I'm way in the hole there.
How cool to be wanted for the job! And nice to be able to make a choice and not "have" to be working.
You're doing a great job keeping those children occupied and having fun this summer.

Erica said...

congrats on the job offer girl! it sounds like you have your hands full and your doing spectacular at it!

michandler said...

Awesome shot. Marbles are cool. How nice is that to be wanted like that for a job!

My Angels said...

I remember playing marbles!! I think that it is cool that you got him started and he enjoys it so much. I have to agree that the pictures of Carter do make you want to pinch him, he is adorable (as are Alex and Emily!)