August 1, 2008

We Partied Like It Was 1999! (Whatever that means)

Today was our party day! I didn't take pictures of every single thing that was involved in "the party"...maybe I should have. I pretty much let Alec and Emily decide what they wanted to do for our 1999 party. Here was their agenda:
* Go get shaved ice...Bubble Gum Flavor
* Go to Sandy Point Beach
* Eat Pizza
* Take a Bubble Bath....in mom's tub
* Rent a Movie and Eat Popcorn
* Sleep on the floor in mom's room
I provided the background music.....You'll never guess what song it was!!! We partied all day long!!! It was such a fun day....very relaxed and enjoyable.
Here are some pictures from the beach:
They love to dig in the sand and play in the water. It isn't very deep this year...Alec walked out to the fountain by himself....which he thought was SUPER fun...it usually hits Aaron at his chest.
I love to watch and listen to kids play...kids in general...but, of course, my own are my favorite. It takes a little while for them to get going, but once they do, I love to see where their play takes them! Today, they were playing NAVY. Alec drove the boats and Emily was in charge of the hospital where the overboard sailors (rocks) would go. Like I said... love to see where it takes them ?@!#

Chasing Seagulls



BEACH BABY....don't you just wanna squeeze him!

I had to add this one to the end....this is Carter while the pizza eating was going on....poor guy...he's wiped out from partying all day....maybe he'll sleep all day tomorrow!

So....be careful who you sing that song around, they may take you seriously and then you'll have the best day ever!!!!

4 comments:

crazy lady said...

Looks like it was even better than 1999! Did you feel like Carter at the end of the day? Ready to fall asleep with your head on the table? Good for you for helping them create a lifetime memory! You rock!

Lost Woman said...

What a great day!! I'll bet the kids will remember that for a long while and ask for future 1999 parties.
fun fun.

The Ball Babies said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a great day of memories for your kids and you! You're a fun mom!

And, yes, I do want to squeeze Carter! What a QT pie!

wallymom said...

Sounds like a great day. What a great idea or maybe new Vaden tradition? Let them plan the day. I love the beach baby picture.