The first week of school is over and I have to say.... I think we've got this down. It wasn't as stressful as in past years. I didn't even cry when I turned and left little Emmy sitting on the circle time carpet in the Kindergarten classroom....what's wrong with me? Maybe it's because I know she'll be home in 2 1/2 hours....stepping off the bus RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE! Yeah, you read it right....the bus driver told me he is going to drop her off right in front of our house. Does it get any better? NO. IT. DOES. NOT. I can put them on the bus together in the morning (Emily is there to take care of both of them this year!) and they both have rides home on the big yellow school bus....can you tell I'm just a little bit excited about this arrangement???? I am.
Alec and Emily both seem fine with their teachers, friends, and school overall.
I'm happy to report: It's been a pretty smooth week.

Here is Alec on his first day of 2nd grade. These were his second choice of clothes since his first choice included a beat up t-shirt and clashing green gym shorts ?! What a goof!
Emily is ready to have a "GROOVY" time in kindergarten this year. She found this shirt while we were shopping in Park City and loved it because of the butterflies and bright, beautiful colors. I'm predicting it will show up in the wash every week :)
Here we are eating our annual "First Day of School Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk"
Disclaimer: This tradition is fueled by guilt and was started on accident. After I dropped Alec off on his first day of kindergarten, I came home and made some chocolate chip cookies.....FOR ME. When Alec came home, naturally I shared MY cookies. Last year, on our way to First Grade, Alec told me he'd be waiting for his "First Day of School Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk". What? I questioned. "You ALWAYS make chocolate chip cookies on the first day of school", was his reply. "I Do?" Well.....now I do!
And let's not forget Carter....I guess he felt like he needed to do something new this week, too. He's starting to get on his knees and rock back and forth; rolling around all over.... pretty much getting wherever he wants to get. DARN IT!
That's about it. I'll be here watching Carter roll around while I wait inside my house for that big, beautiful, yellow school bus to pull up to my front door.....just a little excited :)
6 comments:
Oh I love how once turns into always. That is too funny, but now a fun tradition the kids will remember.
The bus situation sounds ideal. Now its just you and Carter for a few hours of quiet....well until in a few weeks when he is tearing up the house.
enjoy!
I'm so glad the first week went well! Only about 35 more to go! Have fun with that cute little crawling guy...You don't stand a chance at keeping him still now! He's on the move. (It's a bummer, I know, I know.)
Our first day of school tradition was to take pictures of each of them in their first day outfit. We have some great moments captured. Chocolate cookies could be an everyday after school tradition for me- YUM!
How fun for Carter and bittersweet for mom.
Hope the 2nd week goes as smoothly as the first.
Fun stuff cookies sound good to me all i got was a stoughers lasagna dinner. Keep CDV (Carter) under wraps just kidding have a lot of fun with him hes a cool kid. Say hello to all the Fam for me Love ya. Jess
What a great first day of school tradition. The first one IS the hardest after that it just gets easier and easier. Til you have to start thinking that they are almost done with school--then you get teary again!
I had a party the first day of school when everyone was gone! Just kidding. I think they are excited to go back and that makes it easier. The cookies are a great tradition and another example of how you can never predict what your family traditions will turn out to be.
Post a Comment