
Emily finished a project she has been working on for the last couple of days. She has been weaving a blanket for her black puppy on a cardboard loom (Jess will remember the method...hee, hee). It all started about a year ago. When my mom came to help after Carter was born, she brought an afghan to work on. Emily would sit as close to Grandma as she could get and watch her crochet. One day, she said she wanted to learn how to do it. I remembered the weaving on a cardboard loom method and started her on it. Last year, she didn't get that far and couldn't really keep the pattern enough to make it work. She was content to sit and "sew" by Grandma, though. The other day she wanted to do it again and so I helped her get started. As you can see, she has finished her project and is very proud of her work.

Emily and Grandma have been sewing partners for quite a while, now. She has always liked to watch and be by Grandma when she is sewing. This is one of many pictures I have of Emily helping her Grandma sew :)
Look at those peepers! I forgot how big Emmy's eyes were when she was a baby!!! She's always been curious about sewing and making crafts. She comes by it honestly at both ends :) Both her grandmas enjoy sewing and crafting, I enjoy sewing and crafting....she didn't stand a chance :)
I think she's ready to move on to some SC and maybe some K and P...What do you gals think?
2 comments:
What a sweet connection between grandma & Emily. It's always so great when kids make those connections with grandparents.
I think Emily's eyes are still amazingly large and beautiful. Quite the peepers.
It is great she is curious and enthused about making. Of course I think that is a very good thing.
Post a Comment