June 7, 2012

Emmy Turns 9!

Emily turned 9 years old this year!

I only got a few good pictures because my camera and I were
NOT getting along on that night :(

Here she is getting ready to blow out her nine candles
on top of her cupcake pyramid....make a wish! 

Let's go back a couple weeks.....

After Emily and I went to the Nutcrakcer this year, she mentioned she thought it would be fun to go to a ballet that WASN'T the Nutcracker.  So......as part of a birthday surprise......
 I got tickets for her and I to go to the ballet Cinderella.
 I was so excited when I found out they were doing Cinderella!!!
I thought it would be a good one to go to since we both knew the story and
wouldn't have to struggle to figure out what was going on....heehee! 
We're very cultured like that...HA!!!!
 I will find any way to get down to an event at the Morrison Center...lol!
It is beautiful!  It sits along the river on the campus of BSU.
 Attempting a photo with the two of us.....
 A little better.....
 Over the years of going to the Nutcrakcer, Emily and I have discovered the Brookie!
Ah, yes....it is indeed heaven on earth! 
A brownie bottom and chocolate chip cookie on top...
we always get one to split during intermission!

The ballet was amazing! 
It was beautiful and funny....we LOVED it!

I think Emily appreciates the dancers so much more
having done ballet herself.
She told me.....
"Ballet is one of those things that is really hard work but is
worth it because it is so beautiful in the end...these dancers are amazing!"
I loved every minute of our evening together!!!!

Jump forward a couple weeks....
Grandpa, Grandma, Ashley and Trey came for Emily's Birthday!
Trey was so much fun to have at out house!
He was hilarious...his mouth could not have gotten any wider.

We opened gifts and ate cake/ ice cream.
I think Emily really enjoyed her birthday this year!
HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY, EMMY!
WE LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

michandler said...

Happy Birthday to Emily! What a fun mother, daughter outing. Cooper is the only one I didn't make go see the Nutcracker with me. I actually bought season tickets one year. It was fun & interesting to see different ballets than the Nutcracker. The dancers are pretty amazing! You & Em will have to make a trip up here some year for the Nutcracker. We have one that is pretty cool and not traditional. The sets are by Maurice Sendak. Again, happy birthday to a cute, maturing, getting grown up girl!

Ashley said...

I would agree... Emmy had a great birthday this year! we loved being there and seeing everyone!

My Angels said...

Sounds like the Best birthday EVER!! Happy B-day Emily!!

Cinderella is a good idea! We did Beauty and the Beast once, but it was not the version we knew.

Amy Wallace said...

What a fun birthday gift and great mother daughter tradition. Lots of fun catching up on your blog

Lost Woman said...

Happy BDay Emily!

That cupcake pyramid was super cool!