June 23, 2013

A Letter to Blog

Dear Blog,

     I miss you.  I really do.  In fact, I come visit you fairly often with good intentions of updating you with a new post and instead I end up looking through all of the old posts.  I have really enjoyed looking back and being reminded of all the many good times.  I have laughed, cried and everything in between while reading them.  Life is good.  Do you know what I noticed?  The posts I like to read the most are the ones about our every day life and the antics of my children.  Not the major events...holidays, birthdays, concerts.  Nope.  Just the simple things that happen naturally from living life every day with Aaron and the kids.  Then.... I get sad because I haven't done very good at documenting the last 6 months and they have been what will probably be some of the most precious months of my life.  Watching my family grow with Olivia and the spirit and love she has brought to our lives...precious.  Alec has really grown up the last few months and he seems...older.  Emily has been Emily... which means I never know what is going to come out of her mouth or what she will do.  Carter is still full of life and makes me laugh every. single. day.  So, in spite of my intentions to keep up with you for memory's sake.. it just hasn't happened. 
    
     BUT....I can't go backward...only forward.  So,  I'll start from where we are right now and try to update you on some recent happenings.  And by recent...I mean anything from the last 6 months.  It will be random and scattered and you know what...it will be okay because years from now when I go back and read them...I will have forgotten how it all happened anyway!  I will savor every word I read and let every picture I see take me back to our lives at that moment in time. 

     Thank you for the memories and here's to many more!

                                                                                             Sincerely Yours,
                                                                                                         
                                                                                                              Amy Jo


    

6 comments:

michandler said...

How sweet. We all have good intentions but every day life just gets in the way--even when we are attempting to chronicle every day life!

Unknown said...

Amen, sister. Keep calm and just blog on (from wherever you're at ~ we don't mind one bit.)!

Unknown said...

And this is Kris NOT Payton btw? :)

The Desiree said...

Amen!

Lost Woman said...

What a lovely post.
So true those intentions. I have been missing my blog as well.

I look forward to whatever you post and whenever you get to it!

Sure loved seeing you all a few weeks ago, and meeting the adorable Miss O.

crazy lady said...

Aw geeze! That made me cry. You said that so well. You have a beautiful, funny, wacky little family and yore right, it doesn't matter how you post it or when...it is great that you will have these reminders...
It WAS fun to see you oh so briefly before we took off in the beast. Hope to see more of you and those cute kiddos (Aaron included) soon - whether it be in person or via your fun posts.
Love you!