Aaron's Dad suggested we come through Sun Valley because it would save us about 40 miles. I'm so glad he did because it was SO BEAUTIFUL....I put down my knitting and took in the scenery.
Sometimes I forget I live so close to such pretty places. The ride getting there was lovely.
Alec, Katie, and ChaseThere was good food. We were treated to dutch oven twice. Aaron's sister, Amy, is learning how to dutch oven. She fixed lasagna and it was so yummy with salad and bread sticks. And, of course there were smores! There was the annual treasure hunt provided by Celiac. On the way there, I could hear my kids talking about it....."I wonder what will be the treasure this year ?" and trying to remember what they had found last year. They also enjoyed making visors....who knew a visor could be so many different things.
Carter was a happy camper :) Part of the reason it was so enjoyable with him is because Gordon and Peggy let us sleep with them in their trailer. The first night was a little off ( I thought I had put formula in his bottle but I didn't...guess Carter didn't want to drink water !) Aside from that little incident, Carter was fine. I was really grateful when I heard the heater kick on three times during the second night. It also gave me a place to take him to get out of the biting mosquitoes...happy to report I cannot find a bite on him :) Camping with a baby wasn't so bad this time around. The last day, we finished up with a hike (more of a stroll) up to Fall Creek Falls. It is beautiful, as well. The kids had fun climbing on the rocks and being that close to a water fall. So, despite my hesitation to go camping "with a baby" it was a very enjoyable weekend. Made us stop and realize how blessed (sometimes spoiled) we are to belong to such a great family......good company, good food, good times.
Carter was a happy camper :) Part of the reason it was so enjoyable with him is because Gordon and Peggy let us sleep with them in their trailer. The first night was a little off ( I thought I had put formula in his bottle but I didn't...guess Carter didn't want to drink water !) Aside from that little incident, Carter was fine. I was really grateful when I heard the heater kick on three times during the second night. It also gave me a place to take him to get out of the biting mosquitoes...happy to report I cannot find a bite on him :) Camping with a baby wasn't so bad this time around. The last day, we finished up with a hike (more of a stroll) up to Fall Creek Falls. It is beautiful, as well. The kids had fun climbing on the rocks and being that close to a water fall. So, despite my hesitation to go camping "with a baby" it was a very enjoyable weekend. Made us stop and realize how blessed (sometimes spoiled) we are to belong to such a great family......good company, good food, good times.

No comments:
Post a Comment