July 25, 2008

Swim'in and Swing'in.....Swing'in and Swim'in

Yesterday, we finished up a two week session of swimming lessons. Alec and Emily both passed and will be able to move on to the next level next summer....if we decide to do it again :) They really enjoyed their swimming lessons; Carter and I enjoyed going and watching them.





Alec loved jumping off the diving board and could make it to the other end of the pool this year. Emily, on the other hand, DID NOT love the diving board and was pushed off rather than jumping off :) She did, however, like diving for rings and doing the knee dive off the side....you see, her teacher told them to point their toes like ballerinas when they go into the water and since Emily has taken ballet, she was overconfident on the toe pointing. When she would come out of the pool she would ask me, "Did my toes look pretty when I went in?!" And of course I would reply, "Your toes looked beautiful going into the water!" I do believe they are actually turning into some good little swimmers. I have some good videos and will attempt to put those on later.


Working on the knee dive





Aaron put the baby swing on the swing set and Carter loves it! He enjoys being outside to begin with, then when he gets to swing..... he is a happy boy! We have spent some long stretches outside on the swing set the past couple weeks ....I'm able to get some reading in...YAHOO!

So....that's where I've been ...either sitting and watching someone who is swim'in OR sitting and watching someone who is swing'in.

6 comments:

wallymom said...

Hey, we just finished swimming lessons too. I can't figure out how a 45 min. lesson ends up taking 1/2 a day. No pretty toe pointing going on for us.

Lost Woman said...

oh, I hated the diving board. I'm with Emily on that. To this day I can't jump off a high dive.
Glad their getting their lessons in. You never know when a graceful toe entry dive will be needed.

The Ball Babies said...

What a nice swimming pool! Where did your kids take lessons? Love the pics of Carter in the swing. He is sooo cute and filling out quite nicely, I might add! What are you reading when he is swing'in?

Kris :D

jo said...

I never know whether to answer questions on my blog or go and answer them on the person who asked me the questions blog...what is the protocol, anyone?


My kids took lessons out in Meridian from Christine Browne...the same place Briana's kids took lessons...she is known as THE SWIM NAZI! THEY WILL SWIM...THEY HAVE TO! I really like it but am starting to question the drive out to Meridian, so I need to talk to you and get the low down on swim team for next year -k-.

What am I reading? I'm a little behind on this one....I started WICKED: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. Someone I know got tickets to it when it comes to SLC and so I thought "I haven't even read it"...so now I'm reading it. I'm also attempting to get through the 3rd book in the TWILIGHT series..just can't get into it??? The fourth is coming out in a matter of days and I won't be ready...OH WELL!

The Ball Babies said...

Thanks for answering! I always like to read the comments and since it's your blog, I think you should answer the questions right here! (I've read a bunch of other blogs where the author answers her readers in the comment section).

You done good...teehee

Kris :D

crazy lady said...

Looks like you're having a GREAT summer! How fun to be swimmin and swingin thru the summer.