
He's off! Yesterday, Aaron left to go on High Adventure with the
YM in our ward. They are hiking through the Sawtooth Mountains for 3 days. Now, most of us know nothing really rattles Aaron...he does not display the emotion of excitement. I remember the first time I thought I had a REALLY good present, one he would really want and when I gave it to him....nothing. I thought....That's it...that's all I get...Do you like it? Are you EXCITED? He replied , "Yeah...I like it...Thanks." So...I've learned to just expect nothing. WELL, I guess if you want to get Aaron excited about something, tell him he's going to be hiking out in the wilderness for days carrying all his provisions on his back, living on dehydrated food, sleeping on a mat, drinking water from streams and rivers which means adding chlorine tablets, and not having to bathe and shave for 3 days...because I believe he was excited to go on High Adventure. He wasn't turning somersaults or exclaiming his excitement, I could just tell he was excited to go. So, I'm happy for him. I'm glad he gets to go do something that he's excited about.
What does this mean for me? It means I'm here alone with my children for 4 days. Alec asked me, "What are we going to do while dad is gone?" I irresponsibly sang, "We're gonna party like it's 1999!" You'd think by now I'd have learned not to mention the word party around Alec. So.....I've been hearing....What's a 1999 party? When are we going to have our 1999 party? What do you do at a 1999 party? O.MY.GOSH! I told him it was just a stupid song but he he will not let it go. So...we may be having Alec's first 1999 party, even though it's 2008!.... he wasn't here for the official one..... he missed it by a year. What else have we got to do? It might be kind of fun....maybe I'll even get EXCITED!
4 comments:
High Adventure sounds like code for "butt load of exhausting work". I would love to see what they get to see though. Nice to see a real smile on Aaron's face.
As for Alec... break out the Prince cd and other party favorites and have a dance marathon!
That is a really great picture of Aaron. Believe it or not, Mike is of very even temperment like you described. I guess that's good, it evens out my ups and downs, but I think that's more fun. I think you also need an after picture. I agree with Celiac for the party, just add some pizza.
I think Aaron and Bill are stitched from the same cloth! He rarely gets excited over much, except for that dang motorcycle - he gets a smile on his face when he gets to ride it. I think it would be sorta wierd if our guys exhibited too much excitement, how would we act??? I would think something was very wrong...
By the way, you should find the song 1999 on the internet and play it for Alec - maybe it's on youtube! Have fun!
Aaron actually looks excited in that Pic! Having just gotten back from a "short" version of the backpacking thing I can understand "part" of his excitement. I LOVE being out in the mountains. It's that packing all your provisions on your back thing that gets me. I hope his trip is as awesome as the 1999 party.
Post a Comment